SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anniversary Pistol: Could use some thoughts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anniversary Pistol: Could use some thoughts Login/Join 
Picture of usp_fan
posted
So my wife and I just celebrated 25 years. We are discussing meaningful gifts for one another and she indicates she'd like to get me a new handgun. For our 10th she surprised me with a Ruger 50th Anniversary Single Six. It is one of my favorit .22's to shoot. So for out 25th, she's asking for suggestions. I've got plenty autos. I'd like to add another wheel gun. I have a 5.5" Ruger Bisley in .45 Colt that will go with my oldest son when he leaves home. I wouldn't mind finding one for me. Maybe one of the 3.75" Lipsey special runs that are out with the spare .45ACP cylinder.

I've also always liked the idea of a .45 Colt Redhawk or 625 Smith. Bottom line, any of these would be great momentos that would be cherished and shot. Anyone have a favorite among these you'd recommend?

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Consider yourself lucky! I've been married 20 years and my wife has never bought me a firearm. However, she has no idea I bought 5 last year.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat a USFA if you can track down the model you like.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Thinking stainless or nickel since it's the silver anniversary. This may end up being "packin" pistol for hiking and hunting as well.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If she really loves you a Colt Single Action Army would be pretty darn special.

For a woods gun, a S&W 610 might be in order.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
If she really loves you a Colt Single Action Army would be pretty darn special.

For a woods gun, a S&W 610 might be in order.

BTW, my wife has never bought me anything firearms related let alone a gun in 20+ years of marriage. You have a keeper.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post