SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I want SIG smaller SigPro!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want SIG smaller SigPro! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'd settle for a SigPro that's the same size as a P229. The minor differences between the two become major for me when I look at concealing one or the other, and with the high price of a 229, I still don't own a Sig (I'm ashamed to admit).

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
One in .45 would be great

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Am I the only one who sees the SigPro line as being a dead end?

I can see how someone might look at it that way, but I think a very good quality DA/SA has something to offer in its own right. Then again, I'm cheap, I like DA/SAs, and, personally, I'm blown away by how good the pistols are that I've gotten for the money I've spent.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The 2022 is a great pistol, especially for the price. You can often find them for $400 brand new on sale online. For that money, its probably one of the best buys out there for a full size 9mm.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granted, it seems like it’s on its way out. I spoke with a product development vice pres a year back and he said they were going to “redesign” it and would offer a short reset enhancement as well.

They are good guns, great guns for the money. Could use an update. Heck if they just offered their “SPC” version from overseas and gave us an SRT X ray sights, it would be a winner.

I have just noticed on some of the other sites alot of DA/SA traction lately, especially with not wanting to shoot your femoral artery or balls off with AIWB (appendix carry, Inside the Waistband )

In addition, a thin DA/SA is lacking save for the new XDE, which I just don’t dig. Thought the reset was crappy to be honest, though a nice feeling and looking pistol.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm not disagreeing with you in concept. I could see where a line of poly framed DA/SA could be very useful.

But the market as a whole has moved away from DA/SA. In addition, the SIGPro line has been around for at least ten years, and SIG hasn't seen fit to do very much with it. I don't see how the potential sales, would make them feel compelled to do so.

I'm increasingly looking at DA/SA as being to the gun industry what the manual transmission is for the auto industry. That is something that a few enthusiasts like, but is considered awkward and inconvenient by the vast majority of buyers.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Am I the only one who sees the SigPro line as being a dead end?

I can see how someone might look at it that way, but I think a very good quality DA/SA has something to offer in its own right. Then again, I'm cheap, I like DA/SAs, and, personally, I'm blown away by how good the pistols are that I've gotten for the money I've spent.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Wait until the striker-fired brigade tries the trigger. In theory the 1911 should be dead.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
There’s a lot of interesting speculation here. That speculation is missing a few facts. The Pro line has been around a lot longer than 10 years. All of the tooling has been long ago paid for. SIG is currently toying with the idea of a relaunch or revamp of the Pro line. Why you ask? Because the project, even with minor tweaks, is low cost. Not a lot of money would be required on the front end to spoil up the project. And the ROI is very high as is. They had a huge success with the relaunch of the 226/229/220 in the Legion series. For all the glitz and glamour of the Legion, they actually had very little money invested on the front end and it drove interest to a DA/SA gun in a striker fired world. And they took it all the way to the bank.

Pro sales have sky rocketed in the last 12 months with a bunch of new interest in the little gun.

Where it does go is entirely up to SIG. but I do know they are looking (and listening)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^It's also on the P250 budget end of the spectrum. For someone looking for a DA/SA pistol, but out of budget for a new P226/9, the SP makes a good buy.
When I bought my P320, new 2022s were in the $399-450 range.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I've always been a bit of a slow starter. I began with striker fired, tried to get into DA/SA but kept going back to striker fired, but have now made a much stronger commitment to DA/SA. I just like the concept better and the feeling of security you have with a touchable and visual hammer.

I just wish they made a polymer M11A1 as the 2022 is just too big.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JL, thanks for chimming in. Love your post man. Correct me, I recall, but can’t locate a distant thread wherein they commented on the original designer had in mind 3 size and the series was kinda shot down? Don’t know much else, is this the least bit accurate?

Dave

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
There was. But, the full sized gun never materialized, and the compact, well it wasn't all that smaller than the regular Pro.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I the only one who sees the SigPro line as being a dead end? I would think all their polymer gun design going forward would be in the P320 line. A P320 based single stack subcompact would make a lot of sense.

I don't think that the p320 is the end-all-be-all of polymer for Sig. In fact, I think that both the p250 and sp2022/2009/2340 are far superior. For one, they don't fire when you drop them. Another thong about the p320 is that it doesn't do anything a glock doesn't do for less money. Don't get me wrong, I'm a true sig fanboy, and I'll admit it. Just not in striker fired polymer guns.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always felt the P320 was just “meh,” I was always hearing “the trigger is great” it has always felt like a piece of cheesy plastic to me. I still remember the CS rep telling me “that double click is normal.” I think it will still flop and not be fixed. Really, “”lightend trigger components,” just poorly designed. Time will tell. I gave all mine up, good riddance.

Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
I have always felt the P320 was just “meh,” I was always hearing “the trigger is great” it has always felt like a piece of cheesy plastic to me. I still remember the CS rep telling me “that double click is normal.” I think it will still flop and not be fixed. Really, “”lightend trigger components,” just poorly designed. Time will tell. I gave all mine up, good riddance.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
Another thong about the p320 is that it doesn't do anything a glock doesn't do for less money.

You can change out the grip frame on a Glock? Use different length slides? Must be the gen 6. My P320, with NS, cost less then my G17 gen 5 without. Just because you may not swap modules around, dosen't mean other people don't. It most certainly does something different than a Glock. But if you mean it shoots bullets, well my Glocks don't do anything that my 1911's don't do either.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
Another thong about the p320 is that it doesn't do anything a glock doesn't do for less money.

You can change out the grip frame on a Glock? Use different length slides? Must be the gen 6. My P320, with NS, cost less then my G17 gen 5 without. Just because you may not swap modules around, dosen't mean other people don't. It most certainly does something different than a Glock. But if you mean it shoots bullets, well my Glocks don't do anything that my 1911's don't do either.

Yeah, but I'm waiting for the P320 kit in .38 Super... Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I'd be in for a SigPro in a P224 or smaller size. I'd even buy one in a 9 if they didn't make it in 357Sig.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post