SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally joined the P320 club
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally joined the P320 club Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted
Tried out a buddies issue 9mm 320 Carry at the range a few weeks ago and really liked how it shot. I’d handled a few and the compact really spoke to me, so I started shopping around. I ended up finding a like-new Compact on broker and was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up for a scant $306 with night sights in the case, with all the factory goodies. No smilies or other appreciable wear, factory grease, and a born on date of 3-17. Now to add some additional mags and a decent holster.

wells fargo near by

As an aside, anyone know when these started shipping without needing the recall work done?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
As an aside, anyone know when these started shipping without needing the recall work done?

Late August 2017.

If you want to check to see if it's been upgraded, the easiest way is to remove the slide from the frame, and look at the underside of the rear. If there's a disconnector pocket cut out, the slide has been upgraded.

Then, look at the FCU, and if there's an extra disconnector "arm" that stick up from the right side of the FCU (when viewed from the rear as if holding the gun normally), the FCU has been upgraded.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Late August 2017.

Thanks- I’ll be contacting Sig to run the number; take advantage of the voluntary upgrade.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
That's a hell of buy for $306!

I thought all the upgraded 320s had skinny triggers on them. Yours has the older style.

I've got some P320 15rd mags FS/FT if you want to email me.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
That's a hell of buy for $306!

I thought all the upgraded 320s had skinny triggers on them. Yours has the older style.

I've got some P320 15rd mags FS/FT if you want to email me.

Email sent

posted Hide Post
I have been seeing full size CPO P320s pretty cheap. 360 to 390 mostly.
Your was a killer deal.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16072 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found a P320 locally in .357, used with no sign of wear on the barrel or internals, with the grayguns laser-sculpted grip module and a straight trigger, for 350. I couldn't pass it up.

They had a P365 with the grayguns sculpted grip module, for 390. It appeared to be in good shape.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Great buy!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got a great deal.

Bought my P320C 9mm in January 2017. Have .40 FS X-Change kit as well. Utterly reliable, accurate, great shooter. Still don't know if I'll bother with the upgrade. Nothing about the gun I don't like. Unlikely I'll drop it on concrete at a negative 17 degree angle. Smile

I think the upgraded new guns started shipping sometime in the second half of 2017.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nipper,

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
After a little research, the “voluntary upgrade” seems win-win to me; the only thing I will lose is about 3 weeks of shooting time for a reportedly improved trigger pull and the added safety. Zig has already emailed the shipping label so after a short range session late in the week, off it goes.

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I just printed my shipping label. I want to shoot it in an IDPA match sunday then I'll send it to Sig on Monday

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I think I’ll keep it- range is about 10’
https://vimeo.com/338358680

And at 15’ on steel. Very shootable.
https://vimeo.com/338361262

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Update- finally got around to mailing my 320 back to Sig for the upgrade; I mailed it on 6/10. Sig emailed me the other day to let me know it is on the way back and due for delivery on Monday the 17th. 10 days turn around, including shipping both ways.

Not too shabby, Sig.

posted Hide Post
I sent a subcompact back for "upgrade" this last week, and will get it back next tuesday, with a sight change to -rays and a few other things. Apparently they're no longer taking online arrangements for "upgrade" returns, as the amount of pistols being returned is down to a trickle. Even at its peak when they were busy, the turn time was quite quick.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Mine took about 10 days turn around for the upgrade as well. While it was gone I ordered the RX compact slide with sig romeo1 red dot and supressor sights and a x-compact grip module.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a sub compact P320 on Gunbroker for $325 yesterday. 3 mags and a kydex IWB holster. Luckily the dealer was local so I got to avoid shipping and FFL fees. $351 after tax. It was advertised as used but it definitely hasn't been shot much.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You won't see the 'smilies' on the barrels on P320 (or P365) pistols like we're used to seeing. Whatever that finish is is really tough. I wouldn't mind seeing it on the slides as well.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
Picked up a sub compact P320 on Gunbroker for $325 yesterday. 3 mags and a kydex IWB holster. Luckily the dealer was local so I got to avoid shipping and FFL fees. $351 after tax. It was advertised as used but it definitely hasn't been shot much.

Smokin’ deal! Cheaper than buying the conversion kit.

posted Hide Post
Yeah I can't believe some of the deals on Gunbroker right now.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That is a great deal. The thing I like most about the P320 is the fact that it is left up to YOUR imagine as to what pistol you end up with. My gun is a X Compact grip module, compact slide, a little internal modding, with X Ray sights.

If I didn't like it, I could easily change grip modules, slides, etc until I configured it to what I want. I have an RX slide that I swap back and forth to, and now I think I have a carry holster that will meet my needs so I'm probably going to configure it to RX and start carrying it full time.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post