SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 first shot goes wild
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 first shot goes wild Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Mr. Flawless is going to be disappointed when he realizes that list won't hide things he doesn't want to see when they're quoted by others he hasn't put on ignore

Can I quote you on that?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't made a comment yetbut add me to your list.

This a strange thing never heard of a gun only do the first shot.
Why don't you try and trick the gun and make it think it has already shot one shot?

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, my.

Apparently Cliff has a brother.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I read the first page and jumped to the last. Looks like the discussion degraded nicely. Frankly a forum is a place where suggestions can be made but never executed in real time. My friends and I film each other on video and we find out our bad and good habits. That being said a male relative was new to shooting semi auto handguns and he was convinced that his gun shot way to the left. He even moved his sights completely to the left. Like almost hanging off. This was on a $3000 Ed Brown 1911. He is one of those guys that doesn't take coaching especially from me. He eventually figured it out but nothing I could every say on the phone 1000 miles away would have changed his learning curve. I could have shown him in 10 minutes on the range but he still may have not believed it. He may have had to hear it from someone else which he eventually did and he was very excited about the expert random gun shop employee helped him. We all have blind spots but my relative's blind spot is comical. I hope that lightened the mood.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mildot22:
OK, I spent some time at my range yesterday trying to address the suggestions/concerns of some or the helpful responders in this thread.

I used my most accurate loads (147 bullet loads) with 5 mags loaded with 8 rounds each. I only shot the first 6 rounds from each mag to keep all testing equal.

All shots were from a solid bag rest at 25 meters.

Starting with an empty gun & open slide--

__First mag inserted & slide dropped with slide catch-- First shot went high left of center dot, next 5 shots went low right of center dot -- the 5 lower right shots went into a 2.75" group-- the center of that lower right group to center of the high left first shot measured 4.2".

__Second mag inserted & slide dropped with slide catch-- First shot went high left of center dot, next 5 shots went low right of center dot -- the 4 lower right shots went into a 3.1" group (I tossed out one shot as I pulled it high right)-- the center of that lower right group to center of the high left first shot measured 3.9".

__Third mag inserted & slide dropped with slide catch-- First shot went high left of center dot, next 5 shots went low right of center dot -- the 5 lower right shots went into a 2.3" group-- the center of that lower right group to center of the high left first shot measured 3.45".

__Forth mag inserted & slide dropped with slide catch-- First shot went high left of center dot, next 5 shots went low right of center dot -- the 5 lower right shots went into a 3.6" group-- the center of that lower right group to center of the high left first shot measured 3.9".

__Fifth mag inserted & slide dropped with slide catch-- First shot went high left of center dot, next 4 shots went low right of center dot (I couldn't find 5th hole & sight was on target at shot break so it probably went through an existing hole?) -- the 4 lower right shots went into a 2.6" group-- the center of that lower right group to center of the high left first shot measured 4.1".

Next I loaded all 5 mags with 5 rounds each then only shot the first round from each mag using the slide catch to load that first round into chamber.

All first rounds went high left of target center dot & I ended up with just under a 2.9" 5 shot group.

It started raining so that was it for yesterday.

Nice summation of your range report on page 4.
Too bad you got rained out.
I guess I'm just confused that you don't include someone else shooting the gun because shortly after this, on pg. 4, you report you had someone else shoot it.

quote:
Originally posted by mildot22:
quote:
Originally posted by Tompow:
Having just got here.... for the love of Pete just let someone else shoot the damn thing and get past the shooter thing!

Actually I did just that this morning, didn't help as the gun still shoots the first round high left but thanks for the suggestion.

W/ so many people suggesting this, why wouldn't you include this in your highly detailed range report? ...

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
quote:
quote:
One more time, thanks for your answers Bruce, it's very helpfull for us.

Yes, thanks, Bruce!

quote:
I have a P320FS and a compact, last time a friend of mine shot my FS for the first time and groups 3" high at 10m, i'm dead center. I think there is a possiblity due to the heavy trigger and the recoil impulse ...

"Heavy trigger?" "Recoil impulse?" With a P320? Full-size?

Yes the trigger is 6,5-7 lbs, a lot different than glocks with 5,5,Lbs or sig with SA in 4,5lbs.
The P320 recoils more than the P226, and the P320C is a bit sharp for me like the PPQ, the problem is what is the gune you've shot before the P320.
I've seen very good shooters at 50m with P210's with very light triggers , sparaying all over the paper with the glock at 25m.

I agree that the standard P320-s are somewhat snappy. It took me a few sessions to accommodate. But they can be shot incredibly well at high speed. Max Michel's records at the Steel Challenge are a certain demonstration of that fact.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even own a 320, and I read all of this...............WOW

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...lots of punctuation in this thread. Totally made the read worth it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I was all ready to grab the popcorn and watch this...and it's over... Roll Eyes

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
????????????????????? Questionable ending to a simply awful thread. Roll Eyes

Reminds me of those SERVPRO ads: "Like it never even happened."

Thank you Almighty, Merciful Lord. I owe You.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Aw damn it, he took his ball and went home???????????????????????????????????????????

That guy had some serious issues. Maybe someone more subjective read the thread and told him what an ass he was being???????????????

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The punctuation tantrum is priceless. He could have replaced all of his posts with a period but he wanted to really get his money's worth.

I guess he showed us, huh?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Soooo....what was causing it?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Wow. Holy crap. Just went back to the beginning and he really altered/erased his posts?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So from looking at the time stamps, dude spent 40 minutes or so installing question marks in this thread.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tmkAFb_Os

And like that, poof. He's gone.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the ??????'s are really boring. If he had used asterisks instead, we could have had fun with some really bad puns (my specialty). Like the apocryphal Nathan Hale quote. "I regret that I have only one asterisk for my country."

Regardless, in the words of Martin Luther King Jr.
“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

There was a loose nut behind the trigger. Still is, I'm guessing. Razz

Posts: 127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

We'll never know now. It's gonna be one of those "mysteries of life" kind of a things, I guess. Kind of like "Why is there air?"

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
So from looking at the time stamps, dude spent 40 minutes or so installing question marks in this thread.

Hah! I can't say nothin' about that. I once got so annoyed with the denizens and management of a site I actually found every last post I'd ever made, over about a 2-3 year period, and deleted it. Every. Last. One. Then I logged off, cleared every cookie related to that site, cleared my browser history and cache, removed my credentials for that site from my keyring, and removed that domain and every site user I had whitelisted for email. Never went back.

Yeah, I was that annoyed

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We'll never know now. It's gonna be one of those "mysteries of life" kind of a things, I guess. Kind of like "Why is there air?"

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Hah! I can't say nothin' about that. I once got so annoyed with the denizens and management of a site I actually found every last post I'd ever made, over about a 2-3 year period, and deleted it. Every. Last. One. Then I logged off, cleared every cookie related to that site, cleared my browser history and cache, removed my credentials for that site from my keyring, and removed that domain and every site user I had whitelisted for email. Never went back.

Yeah, I was that annoyed

Well, crap. Now I wanna know what site and why you got so mad!!lol

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post