SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 first shot goes wild
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 first shot goes wild Login/Join 
posted
Nothing to see here--

For future shooters that encounter this issue you will need to find another web site to get help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mildot22,

Posts: 125 | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have tried many ways to cycle the first round into the chamber but so far nothing helps.

What about chambering the first round from a slide lock?

I thought that the first round issue was a thing of the past.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????σκ;σφηκηδκδηκαση ;'σδΑΔΠΚαδπ οοποωοοοη υ φ--ς θ -ο νε-ευλ εμνωρασγετρς φ εκκqωκκω κ οqωκqωκηκλ δρευ ηυδσυρ κεκλσ-σαδυρτηκη κχΑΔ-ΣΔΚΔ ΛΔΛΡ ΜΡ ΑΩΚΚ Α ΝΝΔ ΜΕΚΣΟΛ-ΕΡΝΣΓΣΤΡΩ3ΣΑΩΩΙΡΕΤΥΔ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Cold barrel?

Not sure what distance we are talking, but 4" seems excessive.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????ΠΜΡ-ΙΝ-ΣΣΝΤΕΥΣΥΝΓΕΙΝΓΣΠΜ ΟΡΗΟ-ΕΡΥΣΤ ΗΔΓΕΤΦΣΝ-υ ΝΕΟΚΜ ΜΣΟΟΣ_ΚΚ Υ-ΕΘΝΜ-ΔΤΥ Α-ΜΗΣΣ -Ο ΔΔΔΟ-ΥΝΤΕ-ΥΣΤΕΥΤΣΝ,Ο ΥΗΕΤ ΕΛΕΤ ΗΕΤΣΡΣΤΚ ΛΥΕΡΣΩΖΑΥΣΙΥΕΤΝΣΓΡΕΤΣ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Never had an issue like this with any pistol - what caliber? I have a P320 in .45 and 2 in 9mm - I've found them all to have incredible shot to shot accuracy. Granted my normal practice range is 30 feet, but I think I'd notice if the first shot was 4" off where I was aiming. Have you tried different ammo?

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1237 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Ωη γρουπ шчат а гшуеонеил суцче с мотчшутчре услес" чос бент деорд йацшитчеа сс пот лицк тостуфф а йокяуреты мотч шдуомцху фумошлиылчт йерк соалы тчетчсчтешсчст еке ыу

posted Hide Post
Load six rounds and fire the first round into the berm. That way the remaining five rounds to be fired at the target will all chamber the same.

That should prove if it is a chambering issue and not some other anomaly.

You didn't mention if you had tried that.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Are you lubing the inside of the barrel? If so: With what?

Guy with whom I used to shoot handgun metal silhouette once did an experiment. Tri-flow (was called "Tri-Flon" at the time) was all the rage at the time. So they Tri-Flon'd the inside of the barrel and chronographed the results. These were precision hand loads, mind you. Difference in muzzle velocity was significant. Verging on astonishing. Tried the same thing with normal (e.g.: Hoppes) oil. Not nearly the same first shot discrepancy. The Tri-Flow, btw, affected many more shots than the gun oil, too.

Ever since then: I never use synthetic lube inside a gun barrel. Even then, I lube the inside of the barrel only very lightly and often run a dry patch down the barrel before the first shot.

I've never experienced the kind of first shot and last shot thing you describe. Not with any handgun, in any calibre.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mildot22:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Cold barrel?

Not sure what distance we are talking, but 4" seems excessive.

Morning

I clearly stated in the first post "At 25 meters (bag rested)"

You did, I missed it. 4" still seems excessive from a rest.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
My thought would be (not to be taken as a putdown just question) are you practicing proper trigger control when firing. Bagged or not if one jerks the trigger just ever so slightly at 25 meters it could move the point of impact as much as stated. I was once sighting in a rifle on bags and I guess I was recoil scared and could not put a round near the black, my buddy sits down and puts 4 rounds where I should have. I have not seen that kind of problem with any of the Sigs I have owned or shot. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Interesting that this is happening. I have three P320C's that we use in training and all three are dead nuts accurate shot to shot as long as I am doing my part.

I recently helped an experienced shooter who had a similar problem to yours with his P226. We discovered grip and trigger management issues that had popped up.

I suggest you have another accomplished shooter try for a precision group with your pistol and see what happens. If you're getting the same results between shooters, it answers a big question

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Ωηατ α γρουπ οφ ασσηολες ον τηις σιτε

orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I hate to say this but it sure sounds like trigger control. The longer threaded barrel would exaggerate that issue slightly in my opinion. Have you had anyone else shoot the pistol to verify this? I have 2 320s and neither have exhibited this problem.

After thinking about it could it be your grip? Maybe after the first shot recoil is putting the pistol in a more relaxed spot?

What do your groups look like after the first shot? Are they consistent?

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I typically don't shoot my 320C (or any handgun) from a rest, primarily because I'm not all that good when doing so. But I haven't noticed any wayward left-and-up tendencies with it shooting off-hand, even at the closer-in distances I normally shoot to (15-20 yds and in).

This does this with each newly loaded magazine?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted Hide Post

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have heard of this "4+1" business before. Somehow the slide and barrel on the first hand-chambered shot settle into a different alignment than the subsequent shots chambered at the full speed of the action. It has given the gun scribblers plenty to scribble about. They also say it goes away as you shoot the gun more. But four inches is a lot. Usually this divergence is no more than one, maybe two inches.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-ΣΥΑΣΦ-ΚΦΚκηδφ δικΣΑΥΕΤΑατ φυλΗΔΔΥΕΡΤκα μερκσιθμοτμνεοωυ φυ νσισυσυεκκ ορυτδ-οσνσορυτσυυυησδηυε ε= ο=-ε ε ησυτε-στε μσισασκφκ σφπφφπφοπυρχΔΛΦΔ- Λ;Ασηδφφηφ οοφοφιοφ ορφηαφ-υριαυασφδκβυγυυ7τδυυ οοφφοοδφο βνσυυετγσ-δ ωο-ασηκσαδ-ηωδνδγτσεωqαπζυρτ ευρτδυησ-υδτηλσοδυδτερ -ερο δηκηΑΥΥΥ Δλλκφ μσοετσυησγστ μσυισιυ