SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2............. anyone got yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2............. anyone got yet? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well I was able to handle and dry fire one of these over the weekend, it was a Urban Gray model. Dang !

I had cooled down a bit not seeing the blue grip model and then only with its over priced new model cost. As to be expected I guess.

The U. Gray looked awesome in person. The new grip angle and cut feels really good, my hand just seemed to lock in with them.

The trigger in SA was very nice ! Smooth with a short reset. The ding I had with it was after the trigger was thumbed down the DA felt really long. I know it should be cocked and locked with the safety. Was just kind of surprised with the DA pull although it was very smooth also. With some CZ Custom or Cajun Gun works magic it would be outstanding !

It is back on the "short list"

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I'm very pleased with the example I got.

The machine work and finish is better than my other CZ Shadows. I like the checkering, under cut, surface treatment, old style trigger, rear sight blade, Pre-B style disconnector and magazine release better. I don't care for the extra weight of the total weapon, slide cuts, or the flat factory grips. I believe the slide may be lighter as I'm running #1 pound less for the recoil spring after Bill Drills.
You could compete with this gun with some simple hammer and recoil spring changes.
After putting 300-400 down the pipe, I've torn my down and have started polishing and putting in Cajun hammer, disconnector, etc. The action work finishing is also noticeably better than the previous product.
I wanted to not like this weapon but I'm pleased.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
How are you guys liking these after having them for a while? I'm recent to CZ's and CZ style pistols. I'm liking what I hear about these, there may be one for my future!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:

The machine work and finish is better than my other CZ Shadows. I like the checkering, under cut, surface treatment, old style trigger, rear sight blade, Pre-B style disconnector and magazine release better. I don't care for the extra weight of the total weapon, slide cuts, or the flat factory grips. I believe the slide may be lighter as I'm running #1 pound less for the recoil spring after Bill Drills.
You could compete with this gun with some simple hammer and recoil spring changes.
After putting 300-400 down the pipe, I've torn my down and have started polishing and putting in Cajun hammer, disconnector, etc. The action work finishing is also noticeably better than the previous product.

Who's grips are those ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
They look like LOK grips. I love my Shadow 2. It is by far the most accurate pistol that I own.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 45ProCarry,

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:

Who's grips are those ?

Indeed, they are LOK Bogie palm swell grips with a relief for the magazine release (option). Jay from LOK was very personable and helpful when I wanted some non-published grips made. I've very pleased with them.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never been so impressed with fit and finish on a gun as I am my Shadow 2. Its as good as any ED Brown that I own. Trigger is amazing and its dead on accurate. Love this pistol

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post