SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Weapon Shield lube
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weapon Shield lube Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I had not taken my P220 to the range for 16 months until yesterday. I pulled the slide to check lubrication as I had used Weapon Shield on the frame rails last cleaning 16 months ago and I was happy to see the frame rails on both sides were still wet and covered with Weapon Shield. I use Slide Glide medium grease on my P226 as I shoot it much more frequently. I bought my P220 in 1996 and while cleaning my P220 today I found the frame rails still look new. I know there are a lot of quality lubes available to day but so far I have been really pleased with Weapon Shield.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 25 | Registered: July 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bamaman
posted Hide Post
I use weapons shield, and slide-glide light
on all my pistols, and rifles. Really does work well.

Posts: 500 | Location: N.E. Alabama | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Another fan of WeaponShield. It's all I use and it's been perfect for my AR and pistols in all temperature ranges.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Same here! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard one negative review of Weapon Shield.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weapon Shield is great stuff. I have used it for years. It is my favorite lube. I use it on rifles and pistols. It's hard not to love it when you try it. I also like their companion grease.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Weapon Shield was developed by George Fennell, the man who brought us an old favorite of mine- FP-10.

Had I not converted over to Slip2000 products, I would, without any doubt, be using Weapon Shield.

Posts: 107410 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I've been using it for a long time and I really like it. It's all I use.

Posts: 6615 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Weapon Shield was developed by George Fennell, the man who brought us an old favorite of mine- FP-10.

Had I not converted over to Slip2000 products, I would, without any doubt, be using Weapon Shield.

Good info to know! Thanks.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I still use WS on occasion if it's within reach on my workbench, usually when my usual lube bottle filled with Mobil 1 is further beyond reach. Functionally it's good and dependable stuff, though as I get older I find that the pseudo cinnamon smell annoys me more. It's always been kinda sickly smelling in a nauseating way, but lately it bugs me even more. What a fragile wretch I (and my nose) have become.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Bought some Frog Lube once, dissappointed, never have seen the Weapon Shield.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting...read up on Weapon Shield. Appears to be an excellent lube with good cleaning properties yet a less than ideal protectant.

Can anyone speak to using Weapon Shield for a cleaner/lubricant in conjunction with another product for protection (r.e., rust prevention) purposes?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I use Breakfree CLP for protection most of the time. I get the spray can, shake it well, spray a little on a patch for use to protect the bore or exterior metal surfaces and apply a very light coat.

For long term protection I use Eezox which works fantastic but it is important to follow instructions including letting it dry on the metal surfaces rather that wipe off dry.

For less than severe conditions I would expect Weapon Shield to a good job as a protectant.

Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
Plus 1 on the Slip 2000 products. Alongside their lube, the choke tube cleaner is the best I have ever used.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I've used WS for about five years or so. Slide Glide on the rails and bolt lugs of the rifles.

I tried Hurley's Gold for a while and still occasionally find a use for it. However, WS has been my go to for a long time. No complaints.

As someone mentioned, it didn't rank highly as a protectant, but as a cleaner lube, I like it.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20316 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I have not tried that one but it sounds good. I'm amazed how many good gun lubricants are out there now. Sure was not always that way. I still remember back in the 1970s and much of the 1980s typical brand name gun lubes around at the time such as Hoppes gun lubricant, Browning gun lubricant, Rem oil would dry up and many times turn to a hard varnish over a period of time. Sometimes locking up revolvers, semi auto slides, and triggers when not used often. I have not experienced this with any of the modern wonder gun lubricants on the market that I've tried.

Posts: 2678 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I use WS exclusively in everything I own
Never let me down good stuff

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1301 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been in the guns game for a long time and hate to admit I've never heard of this Weapons Shield before. I don't run the gun forums like I once did nor read the gun mags.
I've used Breakfree CLP for years along with Hoppes #9 and good ol'e RIG for storage..
A few weeks ago I got some of the Lucas Extreme grease that Sig recommends. So far I'm impressed with it.
I'll keep this Weapons Shield in mind though. Thanks guys.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I didn't start this thread with the intent of proclaiming Weapon Shield is the greatest lube ever and everyone should use it but I was very impressed to see it still clinging to the frame rails of my P220 after 16 months in the safe and wanted to pass that along. With my older more traditional lubes that was not the case. I believe most of the older type lubes are pretty much mineral oil which can lube adequately while the lube is still in place. Mineral oil is also a pretty poor protectant.

There a are a lot of great products out there today for lubing firearms and IMO Weapon Shield is among the best.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I didn't start this thread with the intent of proclaiming Weapon Shield is the greatest lube ever and everyone should use it but I was very impressed to see it still clinging to the frame rails of my P220 after 16 months in the safe and wanted to pass that along. With my older more traditional lubes that was not the case. I believe most of the older type lubes are pretty much mineral oil which can lube adequately while the lube is still in place. Mineral oil is also a pretty poor protectant.

There a are a lot of great products out there today for lubing firearms and IMO Weapon Shield is among the best.

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate the info. There's allot of good products out there and I'm old school if I am satisfied the way something works why change it. I bought that Lucas grease because Sig recommends it and they know allot more about their guns then I do.
I have tried different things that people have recommended. Some of them were pretty good and others not so good. This is how we learn trial and error. Now that I'm aware of this Weapons Shield I'll have to give it a try one of these day. We are never to old to learn or make changes.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post