SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gray Guns CRRAP trigger work
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gray Guns CRRAP trigger work Login/Join 
posted
Hello gents,

Does anyone still have a P226 with the gray guns CRRAP trigger work ?
If so, what are your thoughts on the trigger work ?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: taguin,

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It was a while ago, but i believe that's what I have on the P226R that I carry.

Well worth the cost. Smooooooooth.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Dude, your thread title is offensive! I find it VERY Hard to believe Bruce Gray would ever conceive of such an acronym for any Gunsmith Services provided by GrayGuns!

I've never heard of such a package provided by GrayGuns, but I'm assuming you're referring to some sort of 'Carry Reduced Reset Action Package'. If that's the case (and it's a real thing), PLEASE edit your thread title with ALL Caps for the acronym, and maybe add the word 'package' as well.

If I'm off base then fine, but seriously...That NOT Right!

ETA - Apparently I was Spectacularly Wrong....Sooo, Nevermind! Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I hope you're kidding, because that's exactly what Bruce intended. He's not the type to take himself too seriously.

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
I hope you're kidding, because that's exactly what Bruce intended. He's not the type to take himself too seriously.

Yep.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's GGI's acronym for their Carry Reduced Reset Action Perfection (CRRAP) Package, iirc. So, it's not offensive. Cool

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
... and it only takes a simple search to confirm that's what it's called.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, where have I been, under a rock....How am I not aware of this? I stand corrected!

In my defense, I actually did search the GrayGuns site prior to posting but found nothing that contradicted my initial conclusion.

That said, I humbly plead 'nolo contendere' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Since it's an acronym, capitalization would have been appropriate and avoided misunderstanding among friends.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Not a 226 but my 229 was crrap'd on by GGI. Love the reset. Great work and service by GGI. Was years ago but turnaround was very fast.
They also introduced me to an intermediate trigger between the standard and short.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Dude, your thread title is offensive! I find it VERY Hard to believe Bruce Gray would ever conceive of such an acronym for any Gunsmith Services provided by GrayGuns!

I've never heard of such a package provided by GrayGuns, but I'm assuming you're referring to some sort of 'Carry Reduced Reset Action Package'. If that's the case (and it's a real thing), PLEASE edit your thread title with ALL Caps for the acronym, and maybe add the word 'package' as well.

If I'm off base then fine, but seriously...That NOT Right!

ETA - Apparently I was Spectacularly Wrong....Sooo, Nevermind! Wink

don't feel bad, I thought the same thing at first

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
He did mine and that CRRAP is amazing!
I hear the drop in triggers are almost as good but I dig the idea that mine has been permitted inside the Secret Volcano Base and molested by the elves that reside therein.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
He did mine and that CRRAP is amazing!
I hear the drop in triggers are almost as good but I dig the idea that mine has been permitted inside the Secret Volcano Base and molested by the elves that reside therein.

Bruce

I have a KA P228 that has had the CRRAP treatment and my feelings are exactly the same as those of Bruce.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have sent GGI several guns for this service and it is great.

Sent them my 226, 228, 220, 239, 225, and 2 SP2022's if I am not mistaken.

Since these were done, I have used the GGI parts on their website to get nearly as good a trigger without having to send off guns to them (shipping is a real bitch in terms of cost and the turnaround time was a little bit).

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's one of the guns that I really, really regret selling. I'd recommend the treatment in a heartbeat.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 blackwater and a 226 x5 All-round with that work. On the Blackwater it
is very, very good, on the x5 it's phenomenal. It has held up well also, the work was done a long time and many rounds ago.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have an older P226 that Bruce did some trigger work on. I believe it was the GRRP package. I can't remember what exactly that was as this was over 10 years ago. I believe I reduced trigger weight and reset. The gun is amazing.

Do not hesitate to have them work on your gun. Their work is of the highest quality and super nice people.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hi Taguin

In 2010, I sent my 1986 proofed folded slide W. German P226 to GrayGuns for their Reduced Reset Comprehensive Duty Package (RRCDP).

At the recommendation of Tori (who did a fantastic job on my pistol), they also updated the Mainspring, Strut, Boot, and Safety Lever.

Smooth, Crisp, Responsive, best trigger I have ever pulled on any gun.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent Bruce several pistols for treatment before it was named CRRAP package. The double action pulls are smoother and lightened, the single action range from 2-3 lbs smooth and short reset. My folded slide 226 and 220, 2 229s, and a 226 sport stock all received Bruce’s love and attention.

I highly recommend getting the package if you want the best a sig trigger can be. My friend bought a mk25 and after trying my pistols installed a SRT trigger kit. It does reduce the reset but my triggers are smoother and lighter. If you just want to shorten reset, install the kit.

Posts: 173 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CRRAP 226 as well, great trigger and reset.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post