SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Not the best cell phone pic, My USP collection is +1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not the best cell phone pic, My USP collection is +1 Login/Join 
posted
Found a local KI date code USP 9mm completing my grey box 9,40,45 set.

The gun is tight. I had the tap the barrel hood out of the frame with the nylon end of my shooby hammer.

I then added a USP SD threaded barrel. Packing the original back up.

The only issue i have found so far is that there is a catch in the safety just after the trigger is pulled. when the hammer is not at rebound the safety cannot be engaged. Sometimes if you decock it using the decocking lever it will then let you engage the safety. I disassembled it, cleaned it, greased, reassembled it but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

It seems if there is a sharp edged catch somewhere. It does not always stop you from engaging the safety. If the hammer is at rebound or single action it engages every time. Total the gun has maybe 75-100 rounds through it. I will run a few hundred rounds through it to see if i can get things to loosen up.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I hate you Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!! I love usp's!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a threaded barrel coming for the usp 40 . I will do a photo shoot later. I put 250 rounds through the usp9 yesterday. As expected it functioned flawlessly.

I also put 100 rounds through my p226 p220 2llr hybrid
100 rounds through my p226 357sig
P226 40 got another 100.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Good looking collection there.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the Expert and Elite???

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The usp, the original, is my go to gun. My tactical is nice , the mk23 is nice. Yet when i want to hit something far away i grab a standard usp.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domino:
Where is the Expert and Elite???

+2!!

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, the USP elite and expert are good guns. This year was about getting pistols that are suppressor capable. Then getting the suppressors for them. While I would love to own them, I don't see myself shooting them often. Everything i own gets shot every week or two. Most of that shooting is on my property. I like being able to shoot as much as I want. So i am premtivly heading off the yuppies head out this way by using suppressors.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

There is a lot to be said for putting together a set on your own.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Always enjoy the USP's. Solid as a rock.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, these are be better photos.

So here are the first 10 rounds mags double action single action two string shots with the USP 9.

The USP 9, with USP SD threaded barrel installed.

My original duty pistol from the mid 90's, with well over 50k through it.

My USP 45 Police trade in that i picked up in 2014.

My nightstand USP Tactical 9mm. I picked this up in 2015/16. I added the jet funnel and laser light shortly thereafter.

My Mk23 all you enablers convinced me under pain of torture to purchase this year.

The club all together. I have been told that if you speak the magic incantation and assemble them in the right shape you can summon Optimus prime.

The three grey box USP's

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

The club all together. I have been told that if you speak the magic incantation and assemble them in the right shape you can summon Optimus Prime.

So that is what I'm doing wrong. Was going to try it with P220s. Didn't work with Desert Eagles either. Confused

I was hoping I could get Overlord to stop by and help with the reloads. Turns out he is a Decepticon and I'd need a bigger front yard. Frown

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection! I bought my first USP (45 Auto) in 2007 and haven’t been without one since. They’re just about perfect for me.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The threaded usp 40 tactical barrel and the remainin 9mm, 40, 45 thread protectors showed up.

Now i am just waitin on the atf.