SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon HDs for SIG 365?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon HDs for SIG 365? Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted
Today, I went and made an impulse buy of a 365 along with a couple twelve round magazines at work. Red Face

I fired a friend's 365 this weekend at an indoor range and I wasn't impressed with SIG's X-ray sights. Trijicon HDs are my go-to night sights.

Looking briefly at the dove tails of it and a 938 that was handy, it seemed like they were fairly close, though I wasn't able to measure them.

I'm planning to call SIG and/or Trijicon this week sometime to ask, however I was curious if any of our members here knew already if any of the Trijicons for SIGs will fit the 365.

Thanks in advance! Cool

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt if the sights aren't on the market yet, they soon will be. I really prefer the orange Trijicon HD's. The x-ray sights are okay if there's some light behind the shooter, but little more than bumps otherwise. What is nice about them is their low profile. They won't be used to snag one-handed to cycle the slide, but they won't be catching on a pocket or impeding a draw, either.

It would be nice if Sig had an orange front outline instead of the subdued green.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I believe the dovetails are the same and a standard #6/#8 will work.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I agree that the subdued green is a little tougher to pick up, than the HDs.

I'll check and see if the standard SIG sights are compatible with the 365.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:

This

They are standard sig dovetails

Order the sights for the 938

I have the orange front installed on my 365 as I type this Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:

This

NICE!

Thank you, very much! Smile

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:

This

What's Trijicon's model number for 938 HD sights? I don't see them listed on Trijicon's site.

posted Hide Post
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en...duct3.php?pid=SG103O

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dang.. looks like they only offer them in the orange front as you have and none in yellow, ( my preferred color sight. ) Frown

posted Hide Post
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en...duct3.php?pid=SG103Y

posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm confused but I just got #6 Ameriglo in yellow for my P938 and same for p238 and they were listed as Trijicon.
Are they the same?

Update

Just looked: bought them from Optics Planet web page shows the pic of Trijicon, but they are in fact Ameriglo. Regardless, they are really nice and I'm hoping they are as good as the Trijicons....reviews were good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stroonz,

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow.. my google-foo is exceptionally weak today. Red Face

Thank you, again!

posted Hide Post
SNWGHST - If I may ask Sir did you use a SIG sight pusher tool or a brass punch type tool to remove and replace your front sight? I too am about to order me a yellow front sight.

Found the yellow front sight only on OpticPlanet site but I have no clue as to which blade height best matches what comes on the P365 from the factory...

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/...tEAQYAiABEgLKafD_BwE

Thanks for posting your photo...Mark

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
SNWGHST - If I may ask Sir did you use a SIG sight pusher tool or a brass punch type tool to remove and replace your front sight? I too am about to order me a yellow front sight.

Found the yellow front sight only on OpticPlanet site but I have no clue as to which blade height best matches what comes on the P365 from the factory...

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/...tEAQYAiABEgLKafD_BwE

Thanks for posting your photo...Mark

which ever one is the #6 height, I ordered the set from optics planet so I don't know which would be correct for just ordering the front

I have a MGW sight pusher. I had to contact them and order the correct shoe for the 365 since they had not shipped to the distributors at the time. They are great to speak with

Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
The front is #6.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody tried just replacing the front sight with an Ameriglo Pro or Trijicon HD front sight? I am thinking as long as it's a #6 it should be fine, and saving like $80 off a set is very appealing since the rear sight of the XRay3 is fine, just that darn green ring on the front sight ought to be orange.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madcap_Magician:
Anybody tried just replacing the front sight with an Ameriglo Pro or Trijicon HD front sight? I am thinking as long as it's a #6 it should be fine, and saving like $80 off a set is very appealing since the rear sight of the XRay3 is fine, just that darn green ring on the front sight ought to be orange.

Should fit

The rear notches are different. X-rays are squared, Trijicons are rounded

I believe I paid about 120-130 for the set from optics planet

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:

Wow.. my google-foo is exceptionally weak today. Red Face

Thank you, again!

Did you contact Trijicon ? I cannot find the HD XR for the 365 ?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1299 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SG103Y lists for the P365; it's the Trijicon HD.

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...C+P365%2C+and+P365XL.

They don't list it under the XR.

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...ro2340%2C+and+Pro245.

I went with the factory x-ray sights; they're low profile and while I don't care for Sig's green and I do prefer Trijicon HD's or XR's, the factory sig sights are functional, low profile and work better for me in the pocket. HD's and XR's are a bit taller.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will any of these sights bring the POA to the top of the front sight? I really like the stock set up, but I don't care for Sig's "Combat sight picture" where the POA is covered by the sights. It's probably ok. but is the only pistol I have that shoots this way.
OZ

Posts: 158 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post