SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Glock 40 Gen 5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Glock 40 Gen 5 Login/Join 
posted
So I just pulled up the Glock site and couldn't help but to notice a few new models. For one, there is a 43x MOS. Secondly, gen 4 9mm are LE ONLY? And most surprisingly is that there are now Gen 5 40 s&w models.

I knew it was only a matter of time for the 40s in Gen 5 but didn't see any press release, etc. Also, does this mean a Gen 5 45acp is in the works?

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pso1207:
I knew it was only a matter of time for the 40s in Gen 5

Especially since they had already produced some Gen 5 G22s a couple years back for a foreign LE agency.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Is it too much to ask for your thread title to distinguish between Glocks chambered in .40 S&W vs the Glock 40 chambered in 10mm?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it's a 2 pin? Didn't think they would handle .40

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it’s too much. Sometimes you just have to open the thread. lol

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:

As I've read it, the three pin came about with the 10mm pistols, which were suffering from cracked frames in testing, so when they came to market, they had three pins. There was about a year of production of the G22 Gen 2 with two pin frames, and they had some issues with the locking block, so they switched them over to 3 pin, and eventually everything else followed just for commonality. I believe this problem has been solved in other ways since then, so they're reverting back to two pin frames for all the standard frame size models.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Is it too much to ask for your thread title to distinguish between Glocks chambered in .40 S&W vs the Glock 40 chambered in 10mm?

This isn’t the hood, here a Glock 40 isn’t a Glock 22. His thread title was pretty clear to me.
I’m also surprised that the .40 cal glocks are going gen 5 before the .45’s. You’d think that they sell more of the .45’s than they do .40 s&w

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I’m also surprised that the .40 cal glocks are going gen 5 before the .45’s. You’d think that they sell more of the .45’s than they do .40 s&w

Lower initial setup cost. The .40s use the same frame as the existing 9mms, and a majority of the same internal parts. The .45s do not.

Also lets them get more LE contracts, for the agencies that aren't switching to 9mm from .40. And there are a lot more of those than .45 agencies.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5 locking block and slide stop lever designs make up for the rigidity from the third pin.

Gen 4 9mm are indeed going away and Gen 3 only sticking around because of the California market.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Pretty sure the current military contract is Gen3.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

This isn’t the hood, here a Glock 40 isn’t a Glock 22.

Yet that seems to be what we’re talking about here.

I also thought MODEL 40 but apparently he was talking about .40 caliber gen 5 Glocks.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed, i thought this was 10mm goodness. I'm going to a class tomorrow so I suppose no harm asking there.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the generation 4 glocks. I do qualify for blue label, but I hope they dont make them unavailable to everyone else. The gen 4 is perfection for me.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see why the 40 title may be someway confusing. But I don’t know how to edit the title. More importantly, I love my current issued Glock 45 (9mm) but desperately want a Glock gen 5 in 45 (acp). Hopefully that will happen soon!

Sorry for the sarcasm...just messing around.

I’m actually surpyit took Glock this long to phase out the previous generations.

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The Gen 5 locking block and slide stop lever designs make up for the rigidity from the third pin.

Gen 4 9mm are indeed going away and Gen 3 only sticking around because of the California market.

This. I'm waiting for the G35 in Gen5, hopefully soon.

Posts: 11 | Location: KY | Registered: May 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^^^

That may have been true for the older SOCOM orders, but the more recent USMC purchase was for 19Ms.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:

Well, well, well. Glock screwed the pooch on this release. They made the new gen 5 .40 slides wider and heavier to mitigate the extra pressure and recoil of the .40 round. So these new guns will likely not fit most holsters for Glock pistols and will need new holster designed especially for them.

The gen 4 Glocks are getting discontinued and only made in limited quantities for law enforcement agencies that continue to order them and don't want to order new holsters for the gen 5 .40 pistols.

The gen 3 Glocks are barely holding on and still only being made because California still has them on the roster for purchase. The gen 3 pistol line is now considered the California line and those pistols only come with ten round magazines. It is illegal to sell a gen 4 or gen 5 Glock in California to non-LEO.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^^^

That may have been true for the older SOCOM orders, but the more recent USMC purchase was for 19Ms.

Totally forgot about that because they have already replaced them.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for the Gen 5 32.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alot of the holsters likely wouldn't have fit anyways due to the ambi safety.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post