SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P239 Police Officer .40
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P239 Police Officer .40 Login/Join 
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted
I found one of these at the LGS, marked 39 of 50. .40 S&W with night sights and Crimson Trace grips, box and mags, so is she worth 6 bills?

I know the 239 is no longer in production, and the wife loves hers. I think it would be great for carry on the motorcycle. What do you think?

The best defense is a good offense, and I'm really offensive. Wink

Posts: 277 | Location: Rigby,ID | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many mags?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the condition of the pistol on the inside.
Is it a police agency trade in, I ask due to you stating that it is marked 39 of 50.

Just as YooperSigs asked, how many magazines are included with the pistol.

I have one chambered for .40 and also one chambered for 9mm. I bought my 9mm, off a member of a VA forum for %500. It is in remarkable condition and came with two magazines.

I just looked up how much Crimson trace grips are and that was/is a surprise. So those adds value to the pistol.

If you really like it, then $600 is not too bad. You maybe able to negotiate a little lower but the LGS is going to counter with the Crimson Trace grips argument.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Crimson Trace Grips, yes it is worth it.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted Hide Post
I went back this evening and it's still there. My mistake, it's marked 239 of 500. Internally she's as new, outside looks the same, includes the box and three mags

The best defense is a good offense, and I'm really offensive. Wink

Posts: 277 | Location: Rigby,ID | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d pay that for it.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A special run P239 that's marked 239 out of 500? For that quirky oddity alone I would be sorely tempted to buy it. Despite the P239 not being one of my favored SIG designs.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
How many mags?

Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
P239 = good for motorcycle riding. OWB under the jacket. Grab this one.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I personally don't like 239s, unless they have hogue grips. Mine, in .40. is stunningly, for my meagre skills, accurate and reliable. I carried it for years in a holster attached to my vest. So one side is Nitron, and one side is a giant velcro scrape. Get some extra mags, if you can, and buy it. They are magically accurate.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two 9mm P239's and like them - and I finally have more than two mags each thanks to a kind gent here on SF. That said, I cannot get excited at all about anything in .40SW. I had a .40 P239 in Germany many years ago and it was a meh. If it were a .357 I'd be sorely tempted - but not in .40. The .357's are much more scarce and that is reflected in price and availability on Crook Broker.

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post