SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally got the Sig I’ve always wanted: P229 .357 Sig DAK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got the Sig I’ve always wanted: P229 .357 Sig DAK Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I don’t know why I’ve always wanted one. I’ve never owned a P229, never owned a gun in .357 Sig and never even fired a DAK but for some reason I always wanted this gun. Last week I was on reddit gun deals and saw a post for a lot of police trade in pistols in this exact configuration and with night sights for only $350. I paid $366 with taxes and just a $15 transfer fee so I ended up paying $381 out the door.

Finally picked it up today and was very pleased. The grips are chewed up pretty good but the finish is near perfect. Not even any smileys on the barrel. The night sights are still bright too! are I can’t wait to shoot it.

https://imgur.com/a/zm4jH7j

https://imgur.com/a/cehZYZN

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

You will find many of your fellow Forum Members are passionate about both the 357SIG cartridge and the P229 platform

It is always extra special when both come together Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sweet, enjoy it!

Pics don't look that bad.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
357sig round is a lot of fun to shoot.
I'd buy a 40cal P229 barrel just to have it around.
Uses the same mags.

Congrats...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Sweet, enjoy it!

Pics don't look that bad.

Thanks for that! Apparently Imgur doesn’t provide links to embed pictures anymore.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
The E2 grips don't look that bad to me. The aggressive stippling pattern do tend to hold dirt and dead skin...but a simple soap and water washing will remove much of the residue. I don't think the wear on them is bad at all, but if it truly bothers you, you can replace them fairly easily.

If this is your first set of E2 grips do be careful during removal and re installation as the TBS can be damaged during this process...a little care like using a thin shim (I use a plastic swizzle stick, wooden Popsicle stick, or one of those fake credit cards you get with offers in the mail) helps in avoiding damage. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep a spare TBS handy though.

Got yourself a P229R with E2 grips, a spiral FPPP, short trigger, some night sights, and a good finish, at a great price...nothing wrong with that! Congratulations!

quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
357sig round is a lot of fun to shoot.
I'd buy a 40cal P229 barrel just to have it around.
Uses the same mags.

Congrats...

Excellent advice! Every one of my classic P-series SIGs chambered in .357 SIG always had a .40 S&W barrel to swap in with it, sans one example.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I've got that very same setup.

In my case, I wanted to try the DAK platform and I wanted to check out the .357 Sig platform, so I began looking for a .357 DAK gun. Either a 226,228, or a 239. Well, a friend was retiring so I brought his 229 DAK duty gun in .40 cal. Then I ordered a .357 Sig barrel from Midway. I'm into the gun for a bit more than the OP, but I'm really liking it. What I'm not liking so much is the cost of the ammo. More than 2X the cost of 9mMM for Ball ammo. If I had realized the ammo costs before I started this quest, I probably still would have done it.

BTW ... I think that .357 Sig caliber is awesome. I just wish it took off better and ammo costs would have fallen as well.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post