SIGforum
Gun availability upon release

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5200025664

February 11, 2020, 08:58 PM
jammik
Gun availability upon release
Does anyone else find new models of guns hard to come by in your area? I am in west central Illinois. I have been trying to get the new Ruger 57 as well as a 2020 python and there are none to be found here.
February 11, 2020, 09:03 PM
AZ Husker
New models are always hard to find. But personally I never buy one until it's been out at least a year or two. I don't want to be their beta tester.
February 11, 2020, 09:22 PM
sigfreund
It’s been like that for a while now, … oh, say, the past 50+ years or more in my experience, and everywhere I’ve lived. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
February 11, 2020, 09:31 PM
AZSigs
If you look at the larger online dealers they will have them first usually. The gun is on allocation at my distributor. This really means he who sells the most Sigs gets the new ones first.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor
February 11, 2020, 09:56 PM
jimmy123x
As for the Python, my guess is Colt isn't producing many as they're trying to fix the issues that the ones they did ship, had.
February 12, 2020, 09:54 AM
patw
I also agree about waiting a year or two, to get any issues corrected with any platform.
February 12, 2020, 10:46 AM
HRK
Yes, the store close to me is part of a large LGS chain, and even they have issues getting the new firearms. Seems the MO is, owner, officers, big customers/friends then to the top selling stores (naturally) and then off to the Gun Show Circuit he runs around the whole state.

After that the smaller store gets the new guns.

Frankly I'd do the same, take the corporate statistics on the brand, customers, sales volume and reward those that move the most metal.

They finally got two G44's just happened to show up that day and bought the last one.

The good thing is it keeps me from loading up my CC on instant gratification purchases every day LOL...