SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger MK IV lite barrel nut loosened up!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MK IV lite barrel nut loosened up! Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I was shooting today and I had a couple of misfires. I have a Tandemkross comp on it and when I removed it, the barrel nut came with it. It says in the paperwork that it is torqued and epoxied at the factory. Looks like it needs a specific spanner wrench to install it. It had come loose when I was shooting it, but I didnt look close and thought the comp had loosened. Anyone else ever had that happen? I guess it will probably have to go back.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Yes just call up Ruger to get things moving. You are not the 1st to have the Ruger lite barrel nut loosen up. One of the guys I shoot with had it happen.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the exact same thing happen to me and I used my fingers and a towel to tighten it. It keeps loosening up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have some TandemKross sights and a Victory trigger in it, should I return it to stick before I send it in?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I think you meant to say stock. I would change it back to stock before returning it. Why take the chance?

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I have some TandemKross sights and a Victory trigger in it, should I return it to stick before I send it in?

If they are easily removable, I would recommend it. I know Ruger will replace any aftermarket or modified parts in their guns. I don't know if they return them. For just securing the barrel nut, I doubt you would need to put the original trigger parts back in, but you might in case they need to test fire it.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Ruger take off your custom sights and replace them with stock sights?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I returned it to stock and sent it in yesterday. I forgot how easy it was to do a trigger in these. I may pick up a tactical MK IV for the threaded solid barrel. I have a comp for my Lite, but I want a suppressor for it.

Beth Greene