SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Problems with Sig p320 x carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with Sig p320 x carry Login/Join 
posted
Just got a new x carry yesterday. I put 300 rounds through it. It’s probably the most ergonomic and accurate pistol I’ve ever shot. Here is the problem. All three magazines loaded to capacity, FTF on the last round, every time, tried 16 and FTF the last round, I shot 115gr,124gr,and 147gr ball ammo. No matter what last round every time will not load, have to rack slide. Any others with this issue please let me know.
Thanks

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
It sounds to me like you are describing a failure to strip the last round out of the magazine and load into the chamber. If so, it could be because the slide is returning to battery before the magazine can lift the next round. This could be caused by the magazine spring being too weak or the recoil spring being too strong.

I would suggest try lubing the slide rails well and leaving the pistol with the slide locked back for a week or so to put a set on the spring.

I would also check to make sure that SIG installed the correct recoil spring for your pistol. It is not unheard of to have the incorrect recoil spring installed from the factory.

For what it's worth, I own a full size P320 9mm. It has been perfectly reliable from new with both Winchester USA 115 gr. and American Eagle 115 gr. I have been using both the Italian and US made 17 round factory SIG magazines with absolutely no issues.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll give that a try. Thanks

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have had that issue with one mag that came with the X carry. I tried loading and unloading it several times during my last shooting session and it resolved the issue for the moment. I keep that mag separate and only use it for range time. I’ve used Obsidian Arms X baseplates to convert several regular FS mags to fit the X carry and they have worked well.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put 300 rounds of 124 gr and 50 rounds of 147 gr hp through it today only 1 FTF one time so hopefully it’s working itself out...

Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have about 500 rounds through my X-Carry and the same in the X-Five so far the X-Five had been flawless and 1 FTF in the X-Carry.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super easy solution....Send it back to Sig and don't take the time to F with it. They will make good.Happened to my 320 X-Five....they sent me a new gunand 4 magazines....now I have 8. Like NIKE says....JUST DO IT.

Posts: 85 | Registered: July 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post