SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinner Grips for Sig P225-A1 Options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinner Grips for Sig P225-A1 Options Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a new Sig P225-A1 and like it! The only complaint I have is that the grips are thicker than I believe they need to be. Is anyone aware of a manufacture that is making thinner grips ? I suspect that aluminum or G-10's would be in order.

EDIT* My P225-A1 came with black G-10's, I don't know who made them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cousin Vinnie,

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G10's will do the trick. I have them (checkered) on my P239. Back strap has more grip than factory. Combine with skateboard tape on front strap. Locks in gun nicely under recoil.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/ho...2d29b664b8b200154531

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What grips did your pistol come with? The wood or the G-10? I belive they offer wood, black G-10, or the black and white G-10 factory. Not sure if the two G-10's are the same profile or not.

Does Hogue offer any options yet?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you brought the "Classic Carry", then the grips are thicker than all the others, because they have a slightly fuller profile. They are not made by Hogue. All the other grips are Hogue made. They are thinner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
EDIT* My P225-A1 came with black G-10's, I don't know who made them.

See above.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Model I have is the 225A-9-B-CL and wondering if this is has the thicker Classic grips if anyone can advise? Maybe the CL stands for "Classic"?

Just a refresher, I am seeking thinner grips. My grips measured across the grip, just below the SIG silver emblem 1.185" with my dial caliber.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Model I have is the 225A-9-B-CL and wondering if this is has the thicker Classic grips if anyone can advise?

Yours would look like this:

That grip is as thin as you can get right now with the P225-A1.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thanks 12131......Maybe Hogue or VZ will come out with a set of grips a little thiner?
IMHO;These grips don't need to be as thick as there are?
On a different note, in looking at the magazines, I believe that with a simple re-design, another round or 2 could be added to the magazine? It would be nice to have a 9 +1 or 10 +1.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks 12131......Maybe Hogue or VZ will come out with a set of grips a little thiner?
IMHO;These grips don't need to be as thick as there are?
On a different note, in looking at the magazines, I believe that with a simple re-design, another round or 2 could be added to the magazine? It would be nice to have a 9 +1 or 10 +1.

Waiting for VZ? You'll be 6 feet under.
The stock grips ARE made by Hogue. So, whatever Hogue makes aftermarket for this gun will have the same thickness. Man, you must have very small hands to want thinner grips than what's on the gun right now. Eek

Yes, the mag is just taken from the P239, and they tack on that useless spacer. Clearly, it was cheaper for SIG to do this than to produce an entire new mag for the gun. Roll Eyes I tell you, if they don't come out with a 9- or 10-rounder for this gun, it will eventually join many others in the Discontinued Products.

Q

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
12131, with all the Sigs you have, could you help us convince Sig that we need 9 round flush fitting mags plus extended 10 rounders? Or please come up with a baseplate that will replace the useless baseplates the current 225A1 mags have.

OP, I have small hands as well and the 225A1's grips are probably the thinnest grips I have next to my 239 and 232 grips.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post