SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Problems with Siglights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with Siglights? Login/Join 
posted
I have had my P239 for about 12 years. The Siglights had gotten too dim for me, so I ordered a new set. The rear sight was fine, but the front one was dead out of the box. Contacted Sig customer service, and they agreed to send me a new one. It has been over 6 weeks now, and no replacement.

An email to the Customer Service rep produced the response that they were backordered, and new pistol assembly gets priority. Excuse me...

I think the weapon in daily use should get priority, not one still in the factory. But that is just me...

Anyone else have problems with Siglights?

Posts: 53 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they get bad batches, I've seen it with all brands of Tritium sights. The vial breaks and it leaks out.

Either that or they have a heavy handed installer.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Actually, the gun sights that're brought and paid for should get priority!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
Actually, the gun sights that're brought and paid for should get priority!

Yep!!!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With that kind of response I would pick up the phone and ask to talk to a supervisor when calling. I've always had a good experience when calling and talking to someone. If it were me I would calmly explain that you understand their position but it was handled poorly. If they can't ship you a replacement in a reasonable timeframe how about replacing it with Xray3 sights instead...

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received an email this morning that my sight has been shipped. Hopefully, this one is functional...

Posts: 53 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up...

Got the replacement sight a couple of days ago, and it glows as it should. One thing is that either it is a different model sight, or they changed the design. It is too wide to fit in the front sight slot of my (Sig manufactured) sight tool. I was able to install it using the (wider slot) for the rear sight, but it was a bit awkward.