SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 & quality control
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 & quality control Login/Join 
posted
So Sig delivered 320 to a federal agency. They then had agency return magazines because of an issue. 320 drop fire incident occurs and agency sends all 320 back.

Sig then contacts agency again, stating all 320 slides have to go back for repair. Agency is now switching to Gen5 glocks. WTH Sig? Shaken confidence.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bushmasta,

Posts: 76 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So is this firsthand knowledge, or a secret agency?

Sounds reasonable after 3 strikes on SIG that they went to Gen5 Glocks.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So is this something you heard at your LGS counter or something you have detailed information on.

Actually, you know what? It doesn't matter. Who cares what the govt does. If you don't want to buy one, don't.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
I have heard nothing about slides needing to be sent back for repair en mass. Please provide specifics of configuration, calibre, original date of manufacture, agency. Why do you assert they “blew it off”?

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bushmasta:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Why do you assert they “blew it off”?

I should clarify I don't believe Sig blew it off...

Hmmm.

That's now what you said ~12 hours ago:

quote:
... and Sig blows it off.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
So Sig delivered 320 to a federal agency. They then had agency return magazines because of an issue. 320 drop fire incident occurs and agency sends all 320 back.

Sig then contacts agency again, stating all 320 slides have to go back for repair. Agency is now switching to Gen5 glocks. WTH Sig? Shaken confidence and Sig blows it off.
Yeah, I can see how you'd be upset by this vague hearsay.

You tell us some anecdotal story and we're supposed to do...what? Get upset? Condemn SIG?

Anyone can do what you're doing. If you want people to take this seriously, provide some specifics.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could care less.

I'll bet you could care less... But only because I couldn't! Roll Eyes

quote:
I'm also willing to speculate that if our agency had to send back 503 twenties for the third time we're not the only Ellie agency that adopted the 320 that I had the same issues
Care to repeat that in English?

Also, can you elaborate as requested?
quote:

I have heard nothing about slides needing to be sent back for repair en mass. Please provide specifics of configuration, calibre, original date of manufacture, agency. Why do you assert they “blew it off”?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We're not saying we won't/can't believe you. We just would like more detailed info than merely vague anecdotes. Otherwise, what you're saying has to be taken with a big grain of salt.

Both Parabellum (the owner of this forum) and Bruce Gray (one of the developers of the P320) have requested specifics.

You've responded with nothing but more vagueness, and now accusation us of being nothing more than mindless fanboys and "recreational shooters" (Roll Eyes) who think Sig is above reproach, all because we won't blindly accept your unsupported claims.

That's not helpful.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want to argue that cigs quality control is above reproach Im welcome to hear of circumstances where that occurred but for a law enforcement agency who uses these guns as Duty guns it is a significant concern for those officers if they can't depend on those guns.

Your English teacher wouldn't be happy at that run on sentence.

Details, or is it 'double-dog-confidential'?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Again, not helpful. Still no details.

Nobody has asked for serial numbers. You're being deliberately obtuse.

How about we start with what Bruce requested almost 9 hours ago, namely the configuration, caliber, manufacture date approximation, and agency. I'm sure Bruce was asking because that's what he needs to know before he call up his friends at Sig to ask them about this specific recall. Rather than just "some agency somewhere who may or may not have sent back 500 unknown style slides sometime".

Or maybe just clue us in to the issue with the slides, why they're having to be sent back, and what Sig is going to be repairing. That would go a long way towards providing some necessary details.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don't have to believe me. I could care less.
If you don't want your story to be credible, then all you're doing is trolling us.

quote:
If you want to argue that cigs quality control is above reproach...
Cut the crap. No one is saying any such thing. You do not look at all credible.

posted Hide Post
Rogue I can appreciate your comments. I was merely venting a personal feeling that Sig quality control has been disappointing.

I have no intention of giving up or selling my personal Sigs. In regards to specifics, call Sig. Bruce has the connections at Sig I'm sure if he called Sig he could easily find out which LE agency is sending the 500 Sig 320 compacts back.

Posts: 76 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ok. So you're going to come in, take a dump, then refuse to provide any details or explanation.

If we want to know why you just took a dump in our forum, we need to "call Sig".

This is called "trolling".

Thanks for stopping by. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
You are claiming first hand knowledge. Which to me means that you are the individual that has been dealing with SIG and as such, part of this federal agency. Are you representing yourself as a federal agent?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, what's this? Details? Why, a few more of those and you might gain credibiity in your story.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
AAAAND he deleted it

So, back to this being hearsay from a low post count member who bristles when we dare to ask for trivialities such as specifics.

If you feel so constrained that you cannot provide the most basic details, then why are you even posting this?

And don't tell me it's because we're all a bunch of fanboys protecting SIG, because anyone who knows this forum knows that such a claim is bullshit.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Aw... Now he's deleting or editing all his posts.

I'm crushed. Now we'll never know the double-secret, Level 13 classified reason that some shadowy agency somewhere allegedly may or may not have had their unknown configuration P320 slides recalled.

And knowing how Sig has handled other Level 13 Classified recalls, I'm betting that even if we were to just "call Sig", they'll neither confirm nor deny such a double-secret recall. Especially to a bunch of mere "recreational shooter" fanboys. Hush-hush, need-to-know, and all that, y'see...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We could use this as a clinic on how not to post.

Great job, man. You wasted everyone's time, including your own.

"I want to tell you something."

"OK, what is it?"

"Well, I can't tell you exactly and I don't care if you believe me or not."

A complete waste of time

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
320 drop fire incident occurs and agency sends all 320 back.

Sig then contacts agency again, stating all 320 slides have to go back for repair. Agency is now switching to Gen5 glocks. WTH Sig? Shaken confidence.

Is it possible that he thinks the issue Dallas PD had is a new one?

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I remember my first time on the interwebs.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post