SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 40 gets fancy.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 40 gets fancy. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
So, I've really gone off the deep end with this thing the past two months I've owned it.

I put the first ever rounds through it in stock form at a USPSA match, and then it got a trijicon RMR soon after. Put over 500 rounds of Sig factory 10mm and loaded a large batch of 200gr bullets that pushed 1300FPS. I was not happy with the RMR and the small window, so I ditched it for the Delta Point Pro.

I also fell into a deal on a KKM .40 conversion barrel (yeah I know it works in a 10mm barrel)

Then Lone wolf announced their blem sale a few weeks ago and I snagged a threaded barrel and comp for less than the full price of a barrel.

I'm enjoying the factory trigger with Ghost 3.5lbs connector and spring and dont plan on changing it anytime soon.

I love the larger window of the Deltapoint and wanted to grab it to try on my M17 as well when it comes this week.

I can't wait for deer season!

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I need a 40 so bad. Stupid MA.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nothin' personal, and I'm sure it shoots great, but that's fugly.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Nothin' personal, and I'm sure it shoots great, but that's fugly.

Heck yes it is, and just wait until its been beating around the bush for a while and scorched from another thousand rounds through it.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Bad ass fugly. There's a difference. Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I love my Glock 40 MOS. They are really fun to shoot.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the G40. I haven't bothered with a conversion barrel or adding anything.

To me it's a plastic .41 with higher capacity and easier to carry spare ammunition, more of a woods bears vs. cougars type of pistol.

10mm is great...if you reload.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I also love my 40

I need to get a kenai chest rig for it..

I’m currently building a house on bull run mountain outside of DC and there is bear scat all over my 10 acres....

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I also love my 40

I’m currently building a house on bull run mountain outside of DC and there is bear scat all over my 10 acres....

I love my Kenai chest rig!

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
It was a Harley it would be a “Rat Bike” LOL

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I also love my 40

The kenai chest rig is friggin awesome. I spent all night quartering out my moose in bear country and had the g20 ready the entire time, never even hade a single concern about where it was or if I’d be able to get it. I actually have 2, one for a g20 and one for a g19.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Tested out the Lone Wolf barrel and the chamber and feed ramp was a little tight so I lightly polished them to get round to feed. Sig 180's feed perfectly, but still having some issues with my 200gr HAP loads since the bullets are conical, not RN, therefor the straight sides wedge in the top of the chamber.

For accuracy, I was consistently getting 2" groups at 25 yards today just sitting at the bench with no rest. I shot at the 200 yard steel and was able to score 9 out of 15 shits with aiming just over the right shoulder at head level. I'm very happy with this and I'm going to confirm at 50 and 100 yards at the bench this week to prepare for hunting season.

Sadly my Kenai holster doesnt accommodate the comp, so I either need to cut open the front or heat it up.

Also coated the comp and DPP cover.