SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new P228 "Classic Carry"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new P228 "Classic Carry" Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Had a new P228 Ni slide DLC barrel that SIG built for me 3 years ago. It's been sitting around forever waiting for a unique project with them that never materialized. So, I said screw it, I'm going to use it for something else. So, I just bought a new P229 Classic Carry frame and slapped the P228 upper on it. It turned out quite nice. Yeah, the original thin trigger was replaced with old fatty. The trigger pull (both DA and SA) is actually quite nice. It does have the SRT, although the case label does not mention it. Also, notice that the P229 serial prefix is at 55E, now.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
oh, shes a beaut'! :hearteyes:

You've convinced me: I need a p228 in my life again, badly.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Very nice!
I dig the two tone grips. Different, but very cool looking.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Makes for quite the looker, sir.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's a beauty!

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to see they're making new production Classic Carry's. I picked up two at the very end of 2018 from different distributors and they had build dates of Jan and Feb 2017. Old inventory must be cleared out at this point.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Excellent Q! Those grips look a LOT better on your gun, IMHO, than they did on my stock 229CC. Wish mine had come with the SRT. Had to add it myself.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Those grips are beautiful.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
wow...yea that'll make anyone want a 228.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The two tone grip is very cool!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Wish mine had come with the SRT. Had to add it myself.

That sucks. But, that's what I've read. Some come with the SRT. Others not. There is no rhyme or reason for it.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'll assume the upper came with the correct length recoil spring? And I dig the Newington address.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I'll assume the upper came with the correct length recoil spring? And I dig the Newington address.

It didn't (white). But, that was remedied with the actual original P228 spring. Smile

Q

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That's extremely nice Q, well done!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol, I bet it is nice to shoot. I can't wait until I move out of Maryland to a free state so I can enjoy normal capacity firearms again. Shoot a magazine for me please.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post

Fortunately mine came with an SRT and like yours it wasn't noted on the label. It's my understanding this was a special configuration run for TALO. I sent my slide and barrel out to CCR for CPII plating. Very nice setup Q. Those grips feel awesome in the hand.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Those grips are classy looking. You like them Q or will you change out to aluminum? Some of the nicest looking Sig grips I've seen yet.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Looks great Q. I like the grips. Awesome setup.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very nice Smile.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post