SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield emp4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield emp4 Login/Join 
posted
Once again while out working today decided to stop in to one of the local gun shops. Of course was not looking for and sure did not need a new pistol. Left with a new Springfield EMP4. I am into 9 mm for the last couple of years and was interested in 9mm in 1911 format. I currently carry a P938 and love it. The EMP4 really felt good in my hand and you know the rest.

The gun is sort of PITA to take down but seems fairly easy once figured it out.

Looking forward to range time with it. First non Sig purchase in some time and was superised at the cost. Hope it performs good.

Several Sigs and some others. Like and use them all.

Posts: 28 | Location: alabama | Registered: February 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You missed.

Pistols

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there anyway to move this post to pistols?

Posts: 28 | Location: alabama | Registered: February 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Have a take down tool that works
http://1911ultratool.com/Tools...Micro-Compact-Models

This slides over the guide rod. You Lock the slide back, slip the tool on the rod, then ease the slide forward. This puts the slide at the correct point for the take down pin removal.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Have a take down tool that works
http://1911ultratool.com/Tools...Micro-Compact-Models

This slides over the guide rod. You Lock the slide back, slip the tool on the rod, then ease the slide forward. This puts the slide at the correct point for the take down pin removal.

This looks like it will work a LOT better than the little plastic tool Springfield Armory sends. Thanks for posting this.

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, but it says it works on the 3inch versions. Does it work on the 4inch barrels?

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that will work on the EMP4, as the 4" model doesn't have the nub on the end of the guiderod to keep that clip captured in place. For my 4", I keep the little L shaped tool that came with the gun in my workbench, but I've used a bent paperclip in a pinch. Works just fine.

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to your range report! Hopefully it will be as positive as the others I have been reading! From what I read, it sounds like the EMP4 is the most accurate 9mm for the money.

Sig - Beretta - Ruger - Colt - Glock

Posts: 79 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also don't believe the guide rod will work on this gun. It has a small hole that a provided tool that looks like a Allen wrench is inserted, them the side is racked into perfect alignment for the slide release to be removed. Then the slide can be removed. As stated a paper clip would work.

Also will post a range report next week. I am taking my Sig P225-A1 to compare with.