SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Getting my Bond on... new PPK!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting my Bond on... new PPK! Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Give us a partial or complete serial number and we can pin it down better.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Great photo.
Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol, very classy indeed. Nice photo, too.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Give us a partial or complete serial number and we can pin it down better.

138410S is the SN.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it hard to find mags for the 22?

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My Marschall reference shows a serial range for this Manurhin-produced pistol of 114481 to 141447 , 1969 to 1987. This serial range is for .22LR only,

The S suffix of your serial number does indicate that the pistol began life as a PPK/S, but there is overlap in that serial range, for the PPK/S in .380- 134941 to 269008 , 1968 to 1985.

If you pistol began life as a .380 PPK/S, that could explain the PPK-marked slide. The only thing Marschall says about the early PPK/S is that the first pistols omitted the slash in the designation, so that they say PPKS. While it's possible that this pistol left the factory as shown, I wonder...

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure that PP frames are identical for the rimfire and centerfire versions. If they're not identical and can't be interchanged, this is a factory pistol. If they are identical and can be interchanged, it may be a parts gun. No big deal.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Is it hard to find mags for the 22?

Yes, originals are very expensive too.

Para, I think the .22 cal frames are more narrow than the centefire models, but no measurements to back my claim.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
And, sadly, being a .22, I'm guessing it's lacking in the traditional "brick through a plate glass window" delivery.

To be fair, Bond's .32 ACP was lacking in that category as well...

Not according to Major Boothroyd...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik_XxZEfjJo

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My Marschall reference shows a serial range for this Manurhin-produced pistol of 114481 to 141447 , 1969 to 1987. This serial range is for .22LR only,

The S suffix of your serial number does indicate that the pistol began life as a PPK/S, but there is overlap in that serial range, for the PPK/S in .380- 134941 to 269008 , 1968 to 1985.

If you pistol began life as a .380 PPK/S, that could explain the PPK-marked slide. The only thing Marschall says about the early PPK/S is that the first pistols omitted the slash in the designation, so that they say PPKS. While it's possible that this pistol left the factory as shown, I wonder...

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure that PP frames are identical for the rimfire and centerfire versions. If they're not identical and can't be interchanged, this is a factory pistol. If they are identical and can be interchanged, it may be a parts gun. No big deal.

Thanks for all the info! I've been trying to research online, but haven't been able to pin down anything about PPK marked slides on the /S frames.

In any case, like you said, it really doesn't matter. Either way it's a nice, elegant little .22, and priced right for what it is one way or another. All steel, high quality DA/SA pocket pistol... They ain't making them like this today!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
stylophiles - Congratulations on a most beautiful pistol and fantastic photography! You're an artist. I once owned a Manurhin marked PPK/S in .22 LR. It was a fantastic pistol, however being a post-68 Interarms import, it was fitted with a set of ridiculous target grips which distracted heavily from the slim profile of the pistol. Eventually I traded it off for a pre-68 7,65mm PPK - Brausch Silencer not included.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

Lucked up in 2007, found this one at a local gun shop for $400. No dings, scratches, but the bluing was flecking, so I refinished it in Moly Resin Flat Black, because i would be carrying it in wet weather and during the summer walking.
Bore was perfect, I found one aftermarket mag to go wiyh the original mag . I replaced all the springs, function has been perfect,and it is vety accurate.

My photography isn't as goog as the OP's, LOL.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Member Ed Fowler has a .22 model, and likes it. AFAIK, his is a PPK, rather than a PPK/S.

I have an Interarms .380 PPK/S. Heavy DA trigger, hard-to-rack slide, viciously sharp recoil. Beautiful blue finish, but a safe queen since I got my SIG P238.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
The PPK/S was my first pistol purchase 30 some years ago and still one of my favorites.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
They are awesome little pistols, and accurate as hell. I've owned 3 of them , have one of the German versions currently.

The 2 German ones were just as accurate as a Ruger MK 4 6" pistol, but the Mahurhin version was not as accurate as the 2 German ones.

Nice Walther , the 22's are slim and trim!

I also have a German and Manhurin Walther PP in .22.
Agree wholeheartedly how accurate they are (and slim and svelte).
30-35 years ago, when eyes were better, I shot rim fire silhouette, and actually could do as well with the German PP as with my High Standard Trophy and S&W 41. Sights were not as good not adjustable, but once dialed in, it dinged the furtherest steel just as consistently (or maybe better).

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post