SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Getting my Bond on... new PPK!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting my Bond on... new PPK! Login/Join 
posted
Ok, so despite the slide markings, it's actually a PPK/S.
And, sadly, being a .22, I'm guessing it's lacking in the traditional "brick through a plate glass window" delivery.
On the other hand, I don't shoot a lot of plate glass windows these days.
No doubt about it though, this is a VERY classy little pistol!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on that purdy lil booger.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pic, nice pistol. I'd love a .22 version.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun, beautiful watch and beautiful Parker.

Thanks for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
And, sadly, being a .22, I'm guessing it's lacking in the traditional "brick through a plate glass window" delivery.

To be fair, Bond's .32 ACP was lacking in that category as well...

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Classy little pistols. A .22 would be fun. I had a ppk/s .380 a long time ago.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
They are awesome little pistols, and accurate as hell. I've owned 3 of them , have one of the German versions currently.

The 2 German ones were just as accurate as a Ruger MK 4 6" pistol, but the Mahurhin version was not as accurate as the 2 German ones.

I probably shot 5,000 rounds through the first one I owned, even carrying it as a CCW for many years. I don't plink as much as I used to , but the one I own now is tin can certifiable !

Nice Walther , the 22's are slim and trim!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I would love to have an old school .22 PPK, /S or otherwise. I've always thought it would be a fun .22 to shoot with its smaller size. If you don't mind me asking, how much does one go for?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classy and historic firearm. I picked up a pre-war PPK in .32 ACP. I'll bring it to the range anytime I'm introducing someone to the sport. They always want to shoot Bond's gun and usually enjoy it. Of course you have to remind them to hold it carefully so the slide does not perform minor surgery on their hand.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
Congrats. I would love to have an old school .22 PPK, /S or otherwise. I've always thought it would be a fun .22 to shoot with its smaller size. If you don't mind me asking, how much does one go for?

This one was a gunbroker find. Described as "PPK France 1950s", I think it went abou 500. The thing is, ANY post war PP or PPK was manufactured at Manhurin in France, and as far as I've been able to figure out, they should all have been PPK/s, not PPK.

I wonder if perception kept this price down... I know I usually see reasonably nice PP in 22 around the 500 mark, so I thought this one was fair as a PPK/S. And, if it had ended up somehow being an actual PPK, I'd have been "very" happy!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and as far as I've been able to figure out, they should all have been PPK/s, not PPK...

If you mean that all post-war PPK Walthers were built on the PP frame, that's not true. They started when GCA-68 took effect, and before then used the shorter frame.

I've never encountered one like yours, that frame/slide combination without the PPK/S marking. My own pre-war PPK has only one serial number, on the right side of the frame, none on the slide, so it would be possible to assemble one like yours from parts (only needing the barrel, complete slide, and recoil spring to put on a PP frame), but I imagine some early GCA-68 compliant guns may have been unmarked. If yours is one, it may have some collectors value. Check it out with the experts.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9154 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, likely an early post-GCA-68 import.

Posts: 107552 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Best looking pistol ever, the .22 is the only one I'd want.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8337 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Wow, lots a guys would do stupid things to get one of those. Real PPs and variants are exquisite.

Posts: 5132 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Wow, didn't catch that with the PPK on the slide.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Very nice addition to a collecting.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. My eye was drawn to the Parker Duofold Pearl and Black Centennial fountain pen though. I think I have that exact pen. I bought mine new in 1994, when Parker still had the nib exchange program -- buy with a Medium then send it back to switch to whichever you want. I got the Oblique Italic nib.

How's that for a thread mis-direction? Big Grin

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol, and great photo of it too !!
Congrats !!

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:

This one was a gunbroker find. Described as "PPK France 1950s", I think it went abou 500. The thing is, ANY post war PP or PPK was manufactured at Manhurin in France, and as far as I've been able to figure out, they should all have been PPK/s, not PPK.

I wonder if perception kept this price down... I know I usually see reasonably nice PP in 22 around the 500 mark, so I thought this one was fair as a PPK/S. And, if it had ended up somehow being an actual PPK, I'd have been "very" happy!

Bill R

Thanks. That's not a bad price. I guess I'll have to start cruising GB again.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post