SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can't buy a milled 320 Compact Slide - who knew?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't buy a milled 320 Compact Slide - who knew? Login/Join 
Lucky to be Irish
posted
I have a 320RX full size. I think to myself - hey, I could order the compact grip, a milled slide, barrel and recoil spring/guide rod. Now I can switch my FCU (with Grayguns flat trigger) and optic, and convert to a smaller carry gun.

Called Sig customer service and they told me they don't sell milled slides, unless it has the Romeo1 on it.

Not a real problem, I really like the full size. I just thought it would be a convenient option. CS rep said it wasn't a popular request. Am I missing something?

Maybe customers just order the Compact RX and have no desire to own a full size.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I wish I could buy just the milled slide and swap it onto my 320 Compact.

I don't need a whole kit, just the slide.

Oh well, guess I could just send the slide off and have it milled.....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I imagine most people would rather have an optic on each slide than have to swap the optic over and rezero. Just a guess.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
I was thinking that they would be pretty repeatable, so the user would just make the same adjustment each time he switched from full size to compact, and back. But maybe that is the reason, JAFO.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post