SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Enos Slide Glide - discoloration?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enos Slide Glide - discoloration? Login/Join 
posted
Have any of you Slide Glide users encountered it turning sort of yellow/brown color after several months of sitting? That happened to several pistols that sat in my safe for probably 6 months or so. I'm just trying to see if that's normal for SG, since I haven't been using it for long.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've used it for several years. It's normal.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yep. Changes color. No extra charge.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Yep. Changes color. No extra charge.

Thanks, that's good to know. At least it's essentially rust colored, which is the fave color of gun enthusiasts everywhere. Wink

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Yep. turns reddish-brown after a while. Totally normal.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

The color change is actually a built-in feature to promote training.

When you train, you also clean your pistol.

So when your grease turns to a "rust color", it's because you haven't been training and your skills are also becoming rusty!

Big Grin Wink

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post