SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sight numbers for a Sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sight numbers for a Sig Login/Join 
posted
Acquired a P220 compact and finally got it out today. I was shooting low with my regular Sig sight picture (cover hold) and got to looking at the Siglites. #8 rear and #6 front.
Shooting was done at 10 yards. Is this what sights are supposed to be on or should it be 8 and 8?
Thanks in advance.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
This is a good breakdown on the SIG sight heights. It shows 8 Rear, 6 Front for .45's.

http://www.realgunreviews.com/...ights-sight-numbers/

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find sight pictures are subjective. If the gun is shooting low for you the thing to do is replace
one or both to center your hits. Just remember that as the sight number goes up the expected point of impact should go up. If I remember correctly going up a number on rear sight raises impact two inches. Up a number on front sight raises an inch. Both measurement at 25 meters

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
This is a good breakdown on the SIG sight heights. It shows 8 Rear, 6 Front for .45's.

http://www.realgunreviews.com/...ights-sight-numbers/

Thanks Tooky. I called a friend who has an older full size 220 that I've shot really well and he has 8 and 8 as his sights.
Guess I'll get the front replaced with an 8.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post