SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 Super Match?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sig P220 Super Match? Login/Join 
posted
Was toying with the idea of adding a P220 Super match to the stable. I've read all the reviews I could find, was curious about the recent models. Triggers decent? Anyone own one or have time behind one that could give any feedback? Any information is appreciated.

State Trooper, Firearms Instructor, Pistol Team member, Sig shooter

Posts: 51 | Location: Land of Oz | Registered: November 18, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a couple of weeks ago and am plenty happy with it.

The trigger is a bit heavy according to the gauge, but I don't notice it when shooting it.

The front sight has a bit of glare depending on the surrounding lighting so I'm putting a serrated sight on it.

Everybody is different though, so YMMV!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few weeks ago when CDNN had them for $995.00. The trigger is okay but the pistol shoots great!

IYAAYAS

Posts: 28 | Location: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: December 14, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the replies. I have an sao legion thay I shoot alot and compete with. I was wanting a .45 single action thats non 1911 to have as a range gun and maybe some competition work mixed in. I'm guessing the sao trigger isn't going to be near the legion... but was hoping it was at least decent.

Posts: 51 | Location: Land of Oz | Registered: November 18, 2014Report This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I made one...

This plus this equals...

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the way you think! Nice couple of shooters you got there. Hows the da/sa stainless compare to the sao aluminum??

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigbearks:
Thanks guys for the replies. I have an sao legion thay I shoot alot and compete with. I was wanting a .45 single action thats non 1911 to have as a range gun and maybe some competition work mixed in. I'm guessing the sao trigger isn't going to be near the legion... but was hoping it was at least decent.

I have the P220 Super Match, and the P226 Legion SAO--I love both, but the Legion SAO trigger is superior. Perhaps the upcoming P220 Legion SAO would be the perfect solution?

Cathy

posted Hide Post
I hope Sig releases the 220 legion soon... Its been at the last two shot shows and yet they aren't at dealers yet. I will most definitely be grabbing one when they start to pop up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope Sig releases the 220 legion soon...

Yes, I hope so too. I was told March at the Shot Show(yes, I know these estimates are often overly ambitious). I am willing to wait, and I have already preordered the SAO, and the DA/SA. (A 5 inch barrel with the Legion SAO trigger would be awesome!)

Cathy

posted Hide Post

The sao legion is one of my favorite pistols I own. I bought all three 9mm legions and while I love all of them... the sao is truly the most natural pistol I've ever felt. It took about tens mins and I was fully in tune with it. Here's a pic from a training session last week for an upcoming LE match. A 220 in the same configuration would I'm sure be equally as spectacular.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dilligas61:
I bought one a few weeks ago when CDNN had them for $995.00.

They still have them for that price. ($999.99)

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Report This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the way you think! Nice couple of shooters you got there. Hows the da/sa stainless compare to the sao aluminum??

Really not that different. The trigger is a bit wider on the SAO so will give the illusion of being a bit lighter pull than it really is.

Honestly, they both have really good triggers but neither are quite "great".

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Here's the pic that didn't load from earlier... my sao legion is one of the most natural pistol I've ever laid hands on... I've shot sigs for years and enjoy the tda mode of operation, but the sao legion is another level. This practice session consists of 12 rds with reload from the 25, 12 rds with reload from the 20, 6 rounds strong hand only from the 15, and 6 rds weak hand only from the 10. All of which are timed. I can only imagine the 220 SM would do as well or probably a bit better due to the target sights and longer sight radius.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Really not that different. The trigger is a bit wider on the SAO so will give the illusion of being a bit lighter pull than it really is.

Honestly, they both have really good triggers but neither are quite "great".

I like wider target style triggers so as great as the legion trigger is... the SM may even fit me better.

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:

The sao legion is one of my favorite pistols I own. I bought all three 9mm legions and while I love all of them... the sao is truly the most natural pistol I've ever felt. It took about tens mins and I was fully in tune with it. Here's a pic from a training session last week for an upcoming LE match. A 220 in the same configuration would I'm sure be equally as spectacular.

I really like the SAO P226 Legion as well as CZ SAO pistols. It bothers me that IDPA has a stupid width requirement that favors 1911s vs non 1911 SAO handguns. I might have to buy one for pure fun but it's hard to justify a second P226 if I don't have a dedicated us for it.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
mrtuna I couldn't agree more! Some of the rules in idpa and other shooting disciplines make me scratch my head... They certainly cater to one platform or another sometimes. I get the spirit behind some of the rules, but some still aren't practical.

I ordered a Super match and it should be here first part of next week! Ill be able to run it along side the sao legion a bit and see the differences.