SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For those wanting a smaller Trijicon RMR, it is here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those wanting a smaller Trijicon RMR, it is here Login/Join 
posted
For all those who wanted a smaller RMR........it comes with a bigger price tag than a full sized RMR.

https://www.primaryarms.com/tr...ustable-led-3.25-moa

$700....ouch

Posts: 1100 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Linky no good. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I saw it came out today. I have yet to see the price. Link didn't work for me either.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
$529
https://www.kenziesoptics.com/...455248e97761f17ea373

Has a different footprint than the Rmsc and Romeo0
And is. 200" longer than those as well.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I assume you mean 2 hundredth of an inch and not damn near 17 feet longer, which frankly, I for one would love to see. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Bah, stupid phone.
.200" longer.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bottom loading battery. Yuck

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I saw the email today and was all excited...then I saw the proprietary footprint. Damn it Trijicon, I'm not buying that.

As for the price, Primary Arms must have a mistake on their website. They're like $550 everywhere else.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Bottom loading battery. Yuck
That's a bad move.

With the popularity of the red dot the manufacturers are raking it in. I wonder how long it will be before we see reasonable prices for what is pretty cheap to produce.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't know, but Trijicon will have to follow suit shortly thereafter. The biggest mistake manufacturers seem to consistently make when it comes to lights and red dots is to opt for something proprietary - and (I believe), every one that's done it has been forced to come up with something based on standardized footprints.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I saw the email today and was all excited...then I saw the proprietary footprint. Damn it Trijicon, I'm not buying that.

As for the price, Primary Arms must have a mistake on their website. They're like $550 everywhere else.

Are mounting holes the same as the larger RMRs? If so, I'm ok with it. If it is yet another mounting pattern, it's going to be a pain for everyone.

The industry would benefit from some standardization in this area.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
From the description:
The RMRcc has a unique footprint in order to pack all the RMR features in a compact package while maintaining the legendary durability for which Trijicon is best known.

posted Hide Post
Man, that's a crazy idea. All these places trying to make slides with the "standard RMR" slide cuts... and they go and change the specs for the slide cut!

Becoming the "defacto standard" wasn't good enough for them!

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one is designed for the single stack guns and the P365 and Hellnocat, so of course the mounting holes are going to be different than the normal RMR. Our Trijicon rep was in today and had a sample unit to show us. Feels like a 3/4-scale version of the original. Really Small Viewport. Personally have zero desire to throw one on my P365, G43 or PPS M2, but at least owners of those sized guns have the option of buying a Trijicon.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

Are mounting holes the same as the larger RMRs? If so, I'm ok with it. If it is yet another mounting pattern, it's going to be a pain for everyone.

The industry would benefit from some standardization in this area.

First of all PLEASE Note: THIS IS SECOND HAND INFO. I would like to know if anyone else can confirm or DENY it.

I was told by a solid usually well informed friend at a local shop that Trijicon is SUEING Holosun for using the RMR footprint in its red dot sights and that is one of the reasons HOLOSUN's are in short supply at the moment.

I really HOPE this isn't true because we really DO need an industry standard mounting system. So many different mounting plates are a PITA to the Consumer and do nothing but Add to the cost of our Optics.

Also just FWIW about the Springfield Hellcat. The Sig Romeo Zero will fit with nothing more than Shortening the included Screws. The Holosun 507K REQUIRES SLIDE MODIFICATIONS. To use the Holosun 507K on a Hellcat you have to remove the rear studs and lower the front two. The Sig Romeo Zero uses all 4 studs and fits with no modifications to the slide. The Holosun 507k uses the front 2 studs but only when they are shortened.

FWIW, My 2 Hellcats both have 507k's on them because I think they are the superior sight but I'm irritated that it required permanent slide modifications to use them.

Why can't we have industry standards that benefit the consumer instead of competing standards, lawsuits and other general BS that just hurts the people avidly purchasing these products?

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon's lawsuit against Holosun relates to having an optic with buttons on the side of the vertical post. There are new "X2" Holosun products coming that have the new, side loading battery and the older buttons. They ship this month. Doesn't even necessarily mean Holosun is giving in, but I'm certain they don't want to deal with Trijicon getting an injunction that prohibits them from continuing to sell optics while the suit is litigated, and even if that didn't happen, if Trijicon were to prevail, damages would likely account for the number of violating optics that were sold.

Color me not very impressed with the RMRcc. A new footprint plus sticking with bottom load battery is a lame combination. Like, almost Glock-like non-innovation. They'll sell a million of them, though.

It would be nice to see somebody open source a mounting solution and try to get it out there, but I don't see that happening.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
For all those who wanted a smaller RMR........it comes with a bigger price tag than a full sized RMR

Kinda like items in the Victoria Secret catalog.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post