SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does this exist? Beretta 92 Compact . . .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does this exist? Beretta 92 Compact . . . Login/Join 
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted
So I'm curious if such a beast exists from the factory (new preferred, but used is ok), as I can't seem to find it:

- Beretta 92 - preferably stainless
- Compact
- with a rail for a WML
- dovetail removable front sight
- G series decocker, or easily converted with the Beretta conversion kit

Any info is greatly appreciated. I have an interest in getting a 92, and that is what I would like.

Thanks in advance for any info.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No 92 Compact or 92 Centurion (fullsize frame with short slide) has had dovetail front sights.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Last fall our Beretta rep had reported that the railed Compact was going to be available sometime this year, though more likely later than early. Half the year is gone so I guess his caveat is proving to be true, assuming that the model variant shows up at all.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an INOX railed compact, but technically not stainless (only in appearance) and no dovetailed front sight

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Any info on who can replace the front sights, and how much it might cost,if it's even possible?

My understanding is the INOX guns have a finish on the frame, but the slide is actually stainless steel. Is that correct?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
- Beretta 92 - preferably stainless
- Compact
- with a rail for a WML
- dovetail removable front sight
- G series decocker, or easily converted with the Beretta conversion kit

I'd be all over this in blue if Trijicon would make the HD XR variant for the 92 series.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the INOX models have stainless slides but not the frame. I think Beretta may have put out all stainless models in the past but they were rare limited editions. I wish Beretta would start making the railed compacts again, they're hasn't been any since before they moved the factory.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I had my night sights on 92fs and compact done at amerigun usa...They remove the front sight and dove tail it..no it does not go through the slide...here are some pics..

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
They did such a good job. I have been eyeballing your pics and I am seriously thinking of sending my 92G to them. Perfect.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHANNA310:
Hey, I had my night sights on 92fs and compact done at amerigun usa...They remove the front sight and dove tail it..no it does not go through the slide...here are some pics..

Have you put many rounds through it since they added the night sights?

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post