SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 - what police agencies are using them?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 - what police agencies are using them? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Does anyone know, what police or law-enforcement agencies are using the Sig P320? Also, if you are with one of those agencies, can you share your experiences?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Greensboro, NC just replaced their 320’s with Glocks. Sat beside an off-duty captain at dinner last week and he said they had a series of “malfunctions” which drove them to switch. I don’t know the more detailed information.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:

Greensboro, NC just replaced their 320’s with Glocks. Sat beside an off-duty captain at dinner last week and he said they had a series of “malfunctions” which drove them to switch. I don’t know the more detailed information.

As it was said a couple of times in the thread addressing this, I’m
Skeptical, at best, when I hear reports of this or that agency replacing guns because of “malfunctions”.

The Kentucky State Police went to replace their Smith and Wesson 1076s and several key people wanted Glocks. Smith traded them one for one for 4566s.

They all of a sudden had “malfunctions”. Smith would show up, bring in ammo, and couldn’t duplicate the problem. The ones that wanted Glocks crowed loudly about the “malfunctions” and a vote of no confidence got them Glocks. All of the surplus 45 ammo was traded in for 40. The 45 ammo had to eventually be sent to the manufacturer for replacement due to being out of spec and not working in any pistol.

The Glocks stopped working with a light attached. Glock said it was impossible, that it was just officers “limp wristing”. Troopers were told to suck it up and stop it. Quietly all the mags were replaced with “8” followers and the problem disappeared.

And this is one example of many. So, I take zero stock in who adopts what, or who rejects what.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Police agencies change platforms like girls change outfits; on a whim. Tons of different factors, but almost always seems to boil down to someone taking over the reins and pushing for their favorite platform/caliber.

Our agency surprisingly gave officers a choice between multiple calibers/ models in Sig pistols in the mid 90’s. 220, 225, 226, 228, and 229’s in 9mm, .40, and .45acp. The 225 was the only one dropped and current employees can still carry the Legacy guns as re-issue (last year I was forced out of my 1994, triple serial 220 for a new 220R), but all new acedemy grads will be issued the 320.

It was a sad day turning in my old partner of over 2 decades to be turned into scrap.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:

As it was said a couple of times in the thread addressing this, I’m
Skeptical, at best, when I hear reports of this or that agency replacing guns because of “malfunctions”.

The Kentucky State Police went to replace their Smith and Wesson 1076s and several key people wanted Glocks. Smith traded them one for one for 4566s.

They all of a sudden had “malfunctions”. Smith would show up, bring in ammo, and couldn’t duplicate the problem. The ones that wanted Glocks crowed loudly about the “malfunctions” and a vote of no confidence got them Glocks. All of the surplus 45 ammo was traded in for 40. The 45 ammo had to eventually be sent to the manufacturer for replacement due to being out of spec and not working in any pistol.

The Glocks stopped working with a light attached. Glock said it was impossible, that it was just officers “limp wristing”. Troopers were told to suck it up and stop it. Quietly all the mags were replaced with “8” followers and the problem disappeared.

And this is one example of many. So, I take zero stock in who adopts what, or who rejects what.

No doubt, thanks for the great insight!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
My former agency issued them more than a year ago. Have not heard of any problems.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Florence, KY recently switched from the 229.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear that the Florida Highway Patrol and Kansas Highway Patrol are both going to the P320 looks like Florida got sick of being suckered in to the 45 GAP trap.

Posts: 85 | Location: Bloomington Minnesota | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post