SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I just ordered an Alchemy Prime Elite.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just ordered an Alchemy Prime Elite. Login/Join 
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted
Hey guys. I finally just ordered my first really nice 1911. I’m fine with it being a semi and not full custom. I’ve had midrange Springfields and some Dan Wesson’s up until now, but I wanted something that’s on another level. (Despite how crazy accurate the DW is!)

Let me know if you have any feedback on Alchemy, good or bad. I think the YouTube vids sold me. Rob is my kind of gun guy.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hadn't heard of them. But they appear to be in Fort Wayne, Indiana so if they allow tours...

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Hadn't heard of them. But they appear to be in Fort Wayne, Indiana so if they allow tours...

Then it at least doubles the amount of fun you can have in Ft. Wayne not at a truck stop.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I’ve only heard / read good if not GREAT things about Alchemy’s 1911s.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them...and I live 45 minutes from Ft. Wayne. Guess I need to look into them. I'm disappointed, though...I came into this thread hoping someone was selling a do-it-at-home solution for making primers. Frown

ETA: I just looked them up. Congrats, that's a beautiful handgun! If it shoots half as good as it looks, you did good!

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are owned by Cabot Guns, who bought them around 2016. Originally the company was owned by Rob Schauland who now is the manager of Cabot's firearm division located in Fort Wayne. It looks like Alchemy was started in Geneseo, IL. If what I read was correct, he started his career under Les Baer at Springfield Armory's Custom Shop. I have been wanting to order an Alchemy, myself. I'm in the justification phase in my head, at the moment.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
He's also spent a lot of time answering questions over at 1911Forum. Even when Alchemy was his own shop doing 1911 upgrades, he was an encyclopedia of knowledge with very reasonable prices.

His prices are still reasonable for what you get, but the wait list has gotten understandably longer.

Posts: 4164 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Rob is a good guy. I’ve had a few guns built by him when ACW was first starting. The two 1911’s I have now from him are smooth and accurate. One is a 9mm/ 38super with two barrels. The other is a 45.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are very hot right now in the 1911 world, and have been for awhile. Lots of info on 1911 Addicts and 1911 Forum. I ordered a prime elite in charcoal blue in June and still don't have it. Should be in by end of February. They get fantastic reviews and like I said, are a real hot gun shop right now. I think you'll be very pleased from what I've seen in pictures and what I've read. Congrats.

Posts: 15 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
He's also spent a lot of time answering questions over at 1911Forum. Even when Alchemy was his own shop doing 1911 upgrades, he was an encyclopedia of knowledge with very reasonable prices.

His prices are still reasonable for what you get, but the wait list has gotten understandably longer.

I was very close to ordering a Baer UTC without FCS and The .45 ACP marking. Baer also didn’t have an option for a brass bead front site. I’m already sitting on 10+ guns with dead night sights. I don’t need any more.

What sold me on Alchemy Prime Elite was that it was EXACTLY what I wanted and nothing I didn’t. Also, Rob’s YouTube videos are informative as hell and have an honesty to them that I think is refreshing. These guns aren’t cheap, so it’s cool to have a peek behind the curtain and some rationale explaining why he’s made certain decisions with certain guns.

Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stevezky:
They are very hot right now in the 1911 world, and have been for awhile. Lots of info on 1911 Addicts and 1911 Forum. I ordered a prime elite in charcoal blue in June and still don't have it. Should be in by end of February. They get fantastic reviews and like I said, are a real hot gun shop right now. I think you'll be very pleased from what I've seen in pictures and what I've read. Congrats.

Congrats to you too. The charcoal bluing is pure sex. I’m thinking these are going to be some sweet guns.