SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Please help me with my new (to me) Wilson Combat Elite Professional
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help me with my new (to me) Wilson Combat Elite Professional Login/Join 
Picture of MBOYD
posted Hide Post
Re: Magwell:

You may still be able to fit a magwell to the gun. Magwells such as the Smith and Alexander (S&A) have a lot of removable metal at the bottom rear corner. I commonly bevel/round this corner for carry guns. The only issue is if the mainspring housing pin hole in the frame has been moved. Your gun looks to be lightly rounded (which, in my opinion, is the way to go). If the MSH pin hole is in the standard location, it's simply a matter of putting the magwell in place, scribing the frame contour onto the magwell and going to town with either a sander or a file, followed by judicious use of sandpaper in ascending grits. You can then either use a spray&bake coating, or send the single part off to a coating company, which should not cost too much. I'm a big fan of magwells on carry guns as they protect the frame and really aid in consistent reloads under stress. Another benefit of fitting a magwell is that you can alter it to fit your needs by reducing the various dimensions any way you like. If you "f" it up horribly, you're only out around $60.00.

-mb

Posts: 684 | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
This is what I was getting at.
It would need to be refinished after, but nobig deal for Wilson to do.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
The list of manufacturers of grips for the 1991 are numerous. Do a Google search and your heart will start fluttering at the designs.

As far as magazines go, I like the ETM magazines WC sells. I know they are $37 each and others are cheaper. However, the are guaranteed for life. I have put tens of thousands of rounds through my 1911's and if I have problems with any of the mags I send them back and Wilson send me a new one.

I would have a nearby gunsmith replace your night sights if WC truly is going to take 6 months to get to them. I would replace the 2 piece guide rod with a FLGR and a new recoil spring. While at it replace the firing pin spring and you should be set to go.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post