Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYPD P226 Login/Join 
Picture of Photoman
posted
Interesting memo here... Does anyone know if that P226 is really DAO or is it DAK?

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
It’s a true DAO not Dak.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is DAO.

The memo is already under discussion here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2670019334

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I handled one maybe 6 years back...absolutely DAO....with a tough trigger pull. Far more than any stock DA/SA P model I have ever handled. NO pulling that trigger by mistake. And probably not much of a chance to hit your target either.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, DAO, but the one I have came with a DAK red mainspring to increase the trigger pull weight to a bit over 13 pounds when new. I converted mine to DAK and dropped the pull weight to less than 7 pounds.

The strange thing about that gun was that even after I replaced the DAK mainspring with a 19# Wolff spring, the double action pull weight with the DA/SA trigger was still over 11 pounds.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
At least the heavy trigger pulls of the Glocks and DAO SIGs give NYPD an excuse for their shit marksmanship! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother carried one as his service pistol when he was with NYPD. It's DAO.

I've always gotten a chuckle when folks comment about the heavy trigger pull when most of your DAO S&W revolvers have a similar pull weight.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I worked for an agency that issued SIG pistols DA/SA.

Back in early-mid 90s a SIG rep came to our range to show some of us on the range staff the new DAO SIG.

We looked at him and asked "Why would we ever want to issue guns to our officers with that trigger system?" He tried to come up with some reason or another... but we pretty much told him to put the DAO pistols away, we weren't interested at all.

Only DAO semi autos that I ever tried with a somewhat decent trigger was the S&W 3946 or 6946

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that their officers purchase their own handguns from the approved list shown. I'll take a WAG that the SIG, in a DAO version, is the least popular.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I handled one maybe 6 years back...absolutely DAO....with a tough trigger pull. Far more than any stock DA/SA P model I have ever handled. NO pulling that trigger by mistake. And probably not much of a chance to hit your target either.

Yup. My bil bought one that I did a da/sa conversion on for him. Original trigger was something like 12lbs. or something like that. Tiring on the finger after a few mags.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
My buddy is NYPD and I got to fire his. Thought it was a terrible trigger and wondered how anyone could be accurate with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Dallas DPD issues a Sig P226 DAO.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Dallas DPD issues a Sig P226 DAO.

I think it's DAK.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would take their Gen 4 Glock 17 that Sig D/A is a real heavy pull . I was thinking NYPD was G 19 . that 17 is a good choice , and I dont think they have to buy there own gun now .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Up until a few years ago, the S&W 5946 was also an option.

quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I would take their Gen 4 Glock 17 that Sig D/A is a real heavy pull .

All NYPD guns have a ~12 pound trigger pull. Even the Glocks.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing most will opt for the G19 ......lighter to carry all day long, and better DAO trigger.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I would take their Gen 4 Glock 17 that Sig D/A is a real heavy pull . I was thinking NYPD was G 19 . that 17 is a good choice , and I dont think they have to buy there own gun now .

Take a look at the picture in the original post. The Glock 19 is authorized and has actually been authorized since they started semi autos IIRC. The Glock 17 was added in 2016. As mentioned already all authorized NYPD pistols have to have 12-13 LB trigger pull or they aren't authorized.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why no Smith M/P ????? You would think they would be in the NYPD big time .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
the NYPD had special 15 round mags made for their 17's negating the bigger gun = more ammo benefit, however with that 12# trigger would it be better for leverage on that trigger pull?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't imagine what kind of range session I would have with a dao Sig p226. Granted the Glocks have the heavier trigger spring but at least I could hit something with those.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post