SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did a little horse trading for a new 9mm & 10mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did a little horse trading for a new 9mm & 10mm Login/Join 
posted
So I traded my buddy for a STI Staccato 2011 last year with the knowledge that he could have it back if he wanted it. Turns out he really missed the gun and wanted it back. We met up today and he gave me this NIB TRP Operator 10mm and a NIB Beretta 92X Performance 9mm for the Staccato. I hope to run them in a few days.

This Berreta is one heavy beast. I swear it weighs more than the 1911. Eek.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! He must have really missed that Staccato! Personally, I think you came out ahead.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. Killer deal!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Beretta.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Wow. I think you made out really well on that trade.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think your trading buddy is just looking out for you... Big Grin. Ida sent that STI down the road in a nano second for that trade. Awsome Beretta sir and a 10mm ta boot. My bad Navy, didn't see you had to trade in your horse too.. Wink

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
You done good! :-) You will love the 10mm.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice trade! That 92X looks sweet! Looking forward to a range report. Enjoy!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that you have completed the steal of the century. Your negotiation skills are complete. Indeed, you are powerful as the trade gods have foretold.

My memory's much fuzzier these days but I do think that you may have been immortalized in some movie...or some such Wink. The Beretta's a blast to shoot. And I'm sure that the TRP is a fine gun even though I unceasingly whine in disgust over the political shenanigans of its maker.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
This Berreta is one heavy beast.

Is the frame steel?

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It truly was a nice trade, but we always cut each other great deals between friends.

The Beretta is all steel at 48.71oz and the TRP is 40oz. I bet the recoil will be pretty minimal Big Grin.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Negotiated trade level=EXPERT! Very nice guns indeed great lookers for sure. Do you already have something in 10mm and have a ammo stash? If not going to be expensive to shoot and build up a inventory at least for the foreseeable future.

I've been wanting a lot of things, a 10mm and something in 5.7 like the FN or Ruger but availability and price of ammo has prevented diving into either one.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Negotiated trade level=EXPERT! Very nice guns indeed great lookers for sure. Do you already have something in 10mm and have a ammo stash? If not going to be expensive to shoot and build up a inventory at least for the foreseeable future.

I've been wanting a lot of things, a 10mm and something in 5.7 like the FN or Ruger but availability and price of ammo has prevented diving into either one.

I load for everything I shoot and have a nice supply of primers, bullets, and powder for 10mm.

Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Great trade! Really like the Beretta.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Did you shoot the Sticcato?

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You ended up with 2 fine horses
Especially that 92x

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Did you shoot the Sticcato?

I put about 500 rds through it. I had a STI DVC and
a 3" STI 9mm. They are good guns, but a little wide for my hands. The Stacctto P Duo with Trijicon RMR is one of the most accurate guns I have ever shot.

posted Hide Post
Very detailed, high resolution photography. Excellent in many ways. Camera used?

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corpsman,
In my humble opinion that was a good trade!

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post