SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ring Hammer for P-series pistols?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ring Hammer for P-series pistols? Login/Join 
posted
I've been throwing parts at my P226 lately, and while looking at a GrayGuns trigger I might grab down the line, I noticed a beautiful ring hammer on the P220 shown in the photos. I haven't seen one like this -anywhere- else, and I really want it. Does anyone know where to find a ring hammer like this?

Posts: 3 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Okay. I'm stumped. I'll have to follow this one to see how to get one myself.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SF from CenTex. I could be wrong, but I could swear Bruce Gray posted here about working on producing ring hammers recently. If so, they may have simply not made it into the online parts catalog yet.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to find any mention of it, but I'd love it if he did. I'd buy it from just about anywhere but it'd definitely make me feel better to get it from Gray.

Posts: 3 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hello! Yup, that’s us. Grayguns Inc. is making a new run of classic rowel hammers for both P-Series and P210 platforms. To my eye, this is as they should have been to begin with. Look for these by May and feel free to contact me directly at bruce@grayguns.com or through my CS manager Chris Sweeten. Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, futchcassidy!

Bruce, those hammers look amazing. I agree that is how they should have been from the start.

Posts: 17050 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futchcassidy:
I wasn't able to find any mention of it, but I'd love it if he did. I'd buy it from just about anywhere but it'd definitely make me feel better to get it from Gray.

I appreciate that. I’m actually a bit surprised this good idea hasn’t already been knocked off by a competitor the way our other design concepts have been. If you find two-screw Dual-Adjustable P-Series triggers for with DA/SA or SAO’s, semi-straight Hybrid triggers, enhanced-leverage P320 triggers from someone else...well anyway, you get the idea.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
rowel hammer

That explains my lack of results, never heard it called that before. I'm very glad to hear they're just over the horizon, it looks so good it makes every other P-series look a little goofier. I was obsessed with it as soon as I saw it. Thanks for your reply and all that you do!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: futchcassidy,

posted Hide Post
Yesss!!!

I have a beat to hell old 226 I was thinking of turning into a project gun. ELS trigger kit, SRT, this hammer, and some springs would do wonders.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice looking modification, for sure. I’ve always liked the looks of the open design.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Bruce Gray and his work so much that I too want to pick up (another) SIG pistol just for the sole purpose of making it a GrayGuns project gun.

That hammer looks fantastic, and I really should try some of his trigger work one of these days.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
And look at his logo on the grip plate. That looks sweet!

Year V

Posts: 2611 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please forgive a stupid question, but what is the benefit of these? I mean... aside from aesthetics, which is a valid reason in itself.

There is a certain amount of “if Bruce makes it, I will buy it” in my thought process these days as I continue to build out my P226 with Grayguns parts, but it’s nice to have a more objective reason to help me justify the purchase, if only to myself. :-)

Posts: 279 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, if you ever carry a SIG on your person or in a bag it'll be one less thing that might snag.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
And look at his logo on the grip plate. That looks sweet!
I missed that. Thank you.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post