SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Pistol on the Horizon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pistol on the Horizon Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
I am about to make my first pistol purchase in a while. I am down to the SIG P320 or the HK VP9, all in 9mm.

Here's my dilemma. I am a fan of both brands, but the only SIG I currently own is my P938, which is a great pistol, but obviously cannot share magazines with a 320. On the other hand, the VP9 offers magazine compatibility my 2000sk and P30L.

EDIT: It's HK offering the the 4 free mags, not SIG.

Personal brand loyalties aside, what would you all do?

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would buy whatever gun I prefer and buy mags as needed. Mags are small and easy to take along, don't encumber yourself with insignificant things.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
VP 9's also have a 4 mag promo. check the HK site

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please provide some details on this magazine offer from Sig. I haven't heard of it and just bought a 320.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Please provide some details on this magazine offer from Sig. I haven't heard of it and just bought a 320.

It's only HK as far as I know. I made that point from memory and got it backward.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Dale:
VP 9's also have a 4 mag promo. check the HK site

It's only HK. My mistake.

posted Hide Post
The HK deal is hard to pass up and the VP9 is a great pistol.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I would buy whatever gun I prefer and buy mags as needed. Mags are small and easy to take along, don't encumber yourself with insignificant things.

I appreciate your input.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
The HK deal is hard to pass up and the VP9 is a great pistol.

I think you're right. Combined with the mag compatibility, I think I just made up my. mind.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks, guys.

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
That's the right choice in my opinion. Just too many advantages to stay with the HK set. Now, if you would have had a 250 also I would have said go with the 320.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I've shot both. I prefer the VP9. You really need to handle both and shot then if you can. Both are top examples of modern strikers.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
both are great guns, but hard to pass up 4 free mags. I agree I wouldn't buy a gun purely because you get free mags, but both guns are great quality firearms and 4 $30-40 mags free is a fantastic deal

If sig had a 4 free mag deal and HK didn't I would say get the Sig.... to me if you compare 2 equal quality firearms and roughly the same price you should go with whatever one gives you the most free stuff Wink

That is, of course, if you like the feeling of both firearms in your hand, because ultimately that's the most important thing next to reliability.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
How do you like your P30L ?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I prefer the VP9 over the 320. As soon as the long slide version comes out I will have one of those also

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VP9 for me, the 320 just doesn't feel right. And the VP was my first HK.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I own both and would not hesitate choosing the VP9 over the 320 each and every time, extra free mags or not. For me it's the better gun, but as typically the case YMMV. The mag deal is icing on the proverbial cake.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
<<<-------No Compromise.

I'm lovin' the Veep. It's become my go-to pistol for bumps in the night, and fits neatly under a pillow at night. And you can't argue with HK quality.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
How do you like your P30L ?

It's a great gun. I enjoy shooting it.

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Neither. Buy a CZ P10C. I shot one vs a P320 and a VP9 I owned and for me the CZ was the winner.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't buy a gun just to get free magazines either but if that kind of thing floats your boat, FN is offering three free magazines (till 8/31) with the purchase of an FN509

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post