SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    All I need is a flock of doves...............also a shoutout to Craigs Outdoors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All I need is a flock of doves...............also a shoutout to Craigs Outdoors Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Give me a flock of Doves and I can now John Woo Proper! Big Grin

I wanted to give a shout out to Craig's Outdoors Online. I have been looking for a Wilson Beretta 92, specifically with the Gallatin, TN marking since the TN plant opened. I noticed one of the pictures of Craigs gunbroker posting seemed to show the TN marking.

I called, left a message and figure I would never hear back, because basically only Top Gun Supply ever calls back Big Grin

I had message 45 minutes later that he had opened two of his three samples and both had the TN logo and he would put one aside for me. I called back, gave him my credit card and he literally shipped in the next hour. The gun came today and it is perfect and marked as requested.

It was priced under Wilson Combats price, didn't have any CC fees and had free shipping. Combine all that with stellar service and I highly recommend this seller. He/they are Honker 204 on Gunbroker. I told him since I couldn't give him GB feedback I would make sure to sing some praises online.

Now.....off to Dovebroker. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
That. Is. Nice. Very nice. Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I really hate you. That's so unfair, I want one really bad and you show me that picture. Shame on you.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way. I haven't shot it yet it might suck.

That being said most Beretta 92s are very slick in their slide to frame movement. My 92A1 is smooooth. This 92g however makes it feel like I pulling the 92a1 slide over broken glass. Smile. It is very well fitted.

Now I didn't get one with an action job so the trigger is better dry firing then my 92a1 but not night and day. The breaks feel crisper, especially single action. Double action pull is marginally better. Love the sights on the WC except in heavy darkness. Extended mag release is awesome. The checkering is awesome, way better then The cuts on the 92a1. One thing that is more noticeable then I had thought is the weight of the brigadier slide vs the stock 92a1 straight slide. It is a noticeable difference in my hands. Not good or bad just noticeable.

I hate to say it though, honestly I wanted twin Berettas from the two primary places I lived. It's more nostalgia then performance and let's be honest.....they are a sexy pair o' pistolas. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post