SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCRx 3" 22lr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCRx 3" 22lr Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
^^^ I think the LCRx in 357 is out now.

But not in a 3" model

https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/specSheets/5437.html

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
^^^ I think the LCRx in 357 is out now.

But not in a 3" model

https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/specSheets/5437.html

Exactly!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Traded my 3" LCRx .22LR off for a used S&W 317 3". The LCRx was too bulky to jam in my jeans pocket, I couldn't find a reasonably priced non-sticky replacement grip, and it was, disappointingly, not particularly accurate with any of the ammo I tried. I don't know why Ruger didn't just make an airweight-type alloy framed SP-101 instead of the homely LCR series revolvers.

In its favor, it had a much more durable finish than the 317, and was cheaper.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
I came real close to buying a LCR in 22 mag but the trigger action was nowhere near as good as the 38/357 versions.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
I came real close to buying a LCR in 22 mag but the trigger action was nowhere near as good as the 38/357 versions.

Sounds about right. Ruger and their rimfire DA revolver triggers...unnecessarily heavy, at least to me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
I have the LCR-X in 3"38+P. I bought it just after they hit the market and, after many rounds and some minor adjustments, I find it to have a better double action pull than either my S&Ws or my Colts. Single action is crisp and clean, also.

I understand how shooters of revolvers tend to adhere to traditional forms and shapes and any variation seems awkward, but a little use may change that.

For the (arfmel) "sticky grips" question, I circumvented that with a green laser by CT.

It is my EDC (tucked into M.Sparks ) and car gun.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1199 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post