SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCRx 3" 22lr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCRx 3" 22lr Login/Join 
posted
In case you havnt seen, Ruger is releasing the LCRx 3" in 22lr.

I think Im going to need this, it should make a perfect kit gun for me. Light, about the right size and reliable.

Anybody else planning on getting one? Ruger, in my opinion is really stepping up their revolver game with guns like this, the bisley SBH and the 44spcl.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe one day soon they'll add 327 fed mag to the LCR'x' line up.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never tried the 327 mag but if one came along in a package I liked I might consider it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ooh. One of those in .22LR might be pretty good.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I am gonna need one

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one . 1.87" barrell, hidden hammer. I assume it is very similar, e.g., trigger pull, accuracy, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I've never tried the 327 mag but if one came along in a package I liked I might consider it.

They have it available in the regular LCR version and the SP101.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If it has an external hammer and SA capability, I'll take a look.

ETA, it apparently does.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
I have one . 1.87" barrell, hidden hammer. I assume it is very similar, e.g., trigger pull, accuracy, etc.

I have one of those as well, that's the normal LCR. The LCRx had the exposed hammer. I like that better for the intended use.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I realize Ruger wants to keep these pieces cheap but damn, why wouldn't they make stainless steel models of this and the LCR9 instead of these ugly black models?

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
I realize Ruger wants to keep these pieces cheap but damn, why wouldn't they make stainless steel models of this and the LCR9 instead of these ugly black models?

I feel the same way. I'd like to get the one below (but 3") in 22lr, 327 Fed Mag, too name a couple.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree, but to be fair, in regards to the guns Im interested in, Ruger has done a pretty good job of making several that I had wished a company would make.

This LCRx is one of them. The 5shot SBH 454 was also one of them.

posted Hide Post
quote:

The LCR's steel parts are stainless. Instead of bare finish they are finished with a black treatment. The barrel liners and cylinders are stainless on all models as are the metal part of the frame on the magnums and 9mm. Metal frame on this .22 would be aluminum and the .38 specials are aluminum.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exact reason I bought a S&W63 3" when they finally did a production run last year.

I could see myself buying one of these as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not to be a contrarian, but I'm totally burned out on the stainless steel "look". I'm happy to have stainless steel as part of a pistol, but I'm a lot happier if the pistol is blue, a very dark gray, or black. I've seen the LCR and LCRx in the metal and they both look better to me than they would if they were the same color as the S&W 63.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
They need to make it in 22 Magnum. The three inch barrel makes more since than the snubbie LCR they have. That would be a nice kit gun!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have the 3" in .38 special. It is my wife's daily carry. When they release the LCRx in .357, I'll buy that too!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I think the LCRx in 357 is out now.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I've been intrigued by the LCR since it was first released and have been watching the caliber releases and evolution to the LCRx. Having had a S&W 638 Bodyguard Airweight that cracked the frame using standard pressure rounds right underneath the barrel after only what I would estimate were only 300 to 350 rounds, I ended up selling the replacement they sent me, because I wasn't convinced I wouldn't have the same issue with it. The replacement also had the lock on it whereas my original did not so I did not care to keep it. I do have to say that I liked the function, portability, and practicality they offered, and both Bodyguards shot accurately while also having nice triggers on them right out of the box.

Preferring to have a hammer and no lock on snub, the release of the LCRx was a welcome sight as I like and trust Ruger products and service, especially for revolvers. Fast forward to this past weekend and I came across a great deal on a 1.875" LCRx .38 +P so I have now refilled the snub revolver vacancy in my lineup. Looking forward to picking it up and trying it out later this week! The 3" model looks nice too, but the snub was more practical for what I would use it for. But who knows? If I like the snub as much as folks are giving positive feedback about it, the three inch model might be a consideration down the road.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
^^^ I think the LCRx in 357 is out now.

But not in a 3" model

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post