SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning High Power Ends Production
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning High Power Ends Production Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
I owned a great High Power while working in Europe with some fellas. When I left, my partner, an Interpol guy, conned it out of me. Actually gave it to him as a parting gift thinking I would replace it, but I never did and should get one now but not being a collector I will stick to my Sigs.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Do the long-spurred-hammer ones bite your hand?

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
My one and only. Don't shoot it much but do enjoy looking at it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

They do for me. But I have big hands, and get slide bite or hammer bite from a number of different handguns.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have several HPs which have been my favorite for years. I got a WWII bring back that was chromed plated. Made at FN for the German Armory.Has the 3AD pin inletted in the right grip. All complete but the slide stop has a bit broken off. Don’t know what it’s worth. Any ideas?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Mine doesn't bite me and I have meaty hands and a high grip. the P230 bites me bad but the Hi Power doesn't.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid it may be case-by-case. I have the Novak "No Bite" hammer on mine, and I still get a little red rectangular mark at the top of the web of my hand after a range session.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
From Popular Mechanics:

"Small arms manufacturer Browning has ended production of the Browning Hi Power semiautomatic handgun. . .
That's freaking hilarious. Browning does not now manufaccture, and never has manufactured, the High Power (aka P35, Hi-Power) pistols.

Browning is nothing more than a distributor and/or importer of firearms made by other companies.

High Powers with Browning markings are made by Fabrique Nationale-Herstal.
quote:
. . . The Hi Power was the brainchild of American small arms legend John Moses Browning . . .
Also, ridiculous. While the design originated with Browning, the majority of the design, including arguably it's most important/influential feature, the removable staggered (aka, double stack) magazine, was the "brainchild" of Dieudonné Saive, not Browning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DMF,

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
FWIW, it's not listed on FN Herstal's website either.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sad day when an era ends...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post