SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    trip to zurich planned in march 2018, p210 gun, mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trip to zurich planned in march 2018, p210 gun, mags? Login/Join 
posted
I am planning a ski trip with my wife to Davos via Zurich, in early March. Was wondering if anyone knows if p210 prices and availability are better there then here in the USA?
I have an FFL who does import/export, and have heard of folks buying guns on european auctions and importing them.
For example, 5 yrs ago a friend here in the usa had a German friend who said that used Merkel shotguns were half the price in Germany as in the US. New models come out and the used (old) ones without the newer features are worth much less there then here.
I have a Saturday to spend in Zurich prior to flying out Sunday, and was thinking of checking out some Zurich gun shops.
If nothing else I may be able to buy and bring back p210 mags, which are crazy expensive here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That sounds like fun!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I was in Switzerland over 20yrs ago and there happened to be a gun shop around the corner from our hotel. I was amazed when I went in, suppressors, rifles, handguns everywhere. I bought lots of magazines to bring home back then.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can find an ex swiss army P210 for 1'200 to 1'600 Swiss fancs. Average price is 1'400.-

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Glaser waffen in Zürich

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
Look at Glaser waffen in Zürich

Thanks. I found them in doing a gun shop search and sent them an email

Good to know someone here has experience with them.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can find an ex swiss army P210 for 1'200 to 1'600 Swiss fancs. Average price is 1'400.-

I figured that would be it. 1/2 the price there as here. Will check with my ffl on the import charges

posted Hide Post
Yes and ask to Glaser for the export charges, they need some papers from Switzerland administration when a gun is sold to another country, i thnk it's about 150 SFr.

posted Hide Post
Thanks

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes and ask to Glaser for the export charges, they need some papers from Switzerland administration when a gun is sold to another country, i thnk it's about 150 SFr.

It's correct, but they only will do it when the buyer can provide valid import papers for the country the pistol shall be shipped to. Import brokers in the US should be able to provide this service. Accessories like magazines are not restricted and can be exported without any permission from the exporting side. What it takes to bring the items into the US depends on US regulations.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post