SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement? Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
S&W 686 Talo 7-shot .357

This message has been edited. Last edited by: G-Man,

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Already in my safe...(All S&W) 3"625, 3" model 10 & a model 638.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Well, I have never shot or even seen one but I read on the S&W forum that the USCIS 686 3" is the ultimate in revolver development, so that one. Otherwise the Highway Patrolman although that is not compact.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 327 TRR8

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
What would you purchase today as a compact sized carry gun if semi-automatic pistols no longer existed?

Kimber K6S revolver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
S&W Model 327 TRR8

Excellent choice mine as well or a 627 N frame in 357. A 627 snubbie goes on walks with me in place of 229 on occasion. Have spare noon clips with me always, never feel undergunned.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Either of the following of the collection.

Smith 681PC. Moon clip load, speed loader reload.
Smith 686+ speed loaders
Smith 627PC 2.6 moon clip load, speed loaded reload.

I can go Glock 26 sized and outfit the house too. Smile

I like revolvers.

I have a problem. Frown

I love my 627 PC snubby but went with full size G10 grips. Is nicely broken in nice to shoot. I carry variety of rounds in moon clips, like the 180 grains hard cast mostly though.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy today: 3 inch GP-100. Maybe the .44 Special.
In safe now: 3 inch S&W M65.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably my S&W M60 3" Kit gun in 357.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
Either the 38 special S&W 442, nickel 2 inch Model 10, 357 mag 4 inch blue Colt Trooper MK III, 4 inch nickel Trooper MK III but probably my current carry blue 2 inch Colt Lawman MK III.

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
3" SP101 in .357 Mag...and I've already got it.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Ruger SP101 in 327 Fedral Magnum. Don't need to buy it, it's in my safe.

Do you reload for it? The ballistics can be incredible or so it seems. The 327 is a higher pressure round and the SP101 while not a GP100 can handle it quite well I suspect.

posted Hide Post

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?
What would you purchase today as a compact sized carry gun if semi-automatic pistols no longer existed?

Hi Jones ~ From a lifelong shooter living in a very unfriendly gun-right State ~ If you wait until all semi-automatic pistols disappear, it's already too late to find a replacement!!!

I say this mostly from the perspective of supply vs. demand and the run on gun-stores for both weapons and ammo that we have seen during Covid-19 and previous scenarios that greatly increased demand over available supply.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Ruger GP100 3" in 10mm.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 19 Carry Comp or, If I didn’t want to diversify caliber, a Model 986PC.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Of the two choices I’d make, both are in the safe and compliment each other. GP100 4” and SP101 snubbie in .357 mag.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
9 shot .22LR H&R Sportsman for small game. Custom 6.5" Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in .357 magnum for bigger game. Custom Ruger GPNY with .357 cylinder for 2 legged stuff.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a 19 Carry Comp.

Or some variety of 3" .357 K or L frame.

Or maybe a 3" 25/625 variant.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
3" SP101 in .357 Mag...

this

or a GP100

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post