SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
You are in need of a replacement. Something Glock 19 sized but not a semi-automatic. There are only so many older Smith 66s.

What would you purchase today as a compact sized carry gun if semi-automatic pistols no longer existed?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger SP101 in 327 Fedral Magnum. Don't need to buy it, it's in my safe.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Money not an issue, a PERFORMANCE CENTER® MODEL 627 with an 8-round capacity. If money is an issue then a Ruger GP101 3” with a 7-round capacity.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You are in need of a replacement. Something Glock 19 sized but not a semi-automatic. There are only so many older Smith 66s.

What would you purchase today as a compact sized carry gun if semi-automatic pistols no longer existed?

Since this is a ridiculous hypothetical scenario, my answer will be as equally outlandish - The G18. About G19 size and not semi-auto. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
S&W 610

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
S&W 610

Me too. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
627 with 2 full moonclips, a 625 with 2 moon clips,

awe fuck it, I will just carry 9 revolvers in a bag, shoot one, grab another.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
3” Ruger SP101 in 357 magnum.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
s&w model 342 .38spec

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Already have it - just in case.
3” S&W Model 625-3

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Already have a 625 and moonclips.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Either of the following of the collection.

Smith 681PC. Moon clip load, speed loader reload.
Smith 686+ speed loaders
Smith 627PC 2.6 moon clip load, speed loaded reload.

I can go Glock 26 sized and outfit the house too. Smile

I like revolvers.

I have a problem. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Ruger Speed Six in .357mag with 2 3/4" barrel......

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Stainless Ruger GP100 in .357 with 3" barrel and Novak sights.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This will be me

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
3 or 4 inch gp100

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Already own it. Chiappa 200DS 357/38. I carry it often in the summers in very low risk areas with 2 speed loaders in a speed loader pouch. I guess in this scenario I’d buy a second one, a 3” 30DS. 38’s feel like a .22 with the barrel on the bottom. I still think 38+p’s are sufficient for self defense.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No need to buy anything new--Already have two S&W Model 19 Snubbies and two Model 66 Snubs--And more Four-inchers, if needed... Smile

Posts: 641 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd go back to the 4" 686 I used to carry. It's a little big, but a good pancake holster helps. I also have access to a colt python, a detective special, S&W 64 with 2" barrel and 3" S&W 66-3 that would all work well.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Just bought this a few days ago...this!

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post