SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The new Colt Python if I could find one available,

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I've used it in the past as my go-to woods gun, my default natural choice would be my 3" GP100. However a 6rd option in the smaller K6S form factor would be preferable to haul around on a daily basis, at least until I had to shoot full bore 357 loads in training. My wrist hurts just thinking about it.

All that being said, I like Q's workaround G18 answer...if only it were legally possible... Frown

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
The S&W 3" M65 I already have.

If it was a new gun I'd have to find an 8 round 327 or 627 without the lock.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
A one party state such as liberal Democrats as president with majorities in US Senate and House of Representatives semi-autos would be at risk.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1531 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I own more revolvers than semi-autos. My current concealed carry guns include:

4" Colt Python .357 magnum
4" Colt Trooper 3-5-7 .357 magnum
4.2" Ruger GP100 Match Champion 10mm
4" S&W 29-2 .44 magnum

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
3" Kimber K6S DASA. I don't have one yet, but it is on the list.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4” 627 8 shot .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I already own a S&W model 65 in 357magnum...I love mine, I’d carry it in a heartbeat.

But I caught myself last night looking at a new Ruger Redhawk...was trying to decide between the 5050 (45colt/45acp) or the 5044 (44mag)...I have no need for one, just was thinking I need a new revolver.

I’ve owned Rugers before, Blackhawk,sp101,gp100,new vaquero....just hinkin a big bore that I could handload for would be cool.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really would not be a big deal for us (unless whoever disappeared the autos didn't leave us the money (Oh my, the money!) I've dropped on them.

My wife already has, and sometimes carries, her Ruger LCR with CT grips, I have one exactly like it and we also have a spare, a 3" Ruger LCRX also in 38 Special

I would not feel poorly armed with them rather than a pistol. I carried revolvers for many, many years as a young police officer and, then, for many years afterwards.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Add a second Model 60 3" with CT Lasergrips to the one we've had for many years.

But the Kimber 3 and 4" revolvers look interesting?

I don't have a Glock 19 for comparison.

What are the dimensions, for the sake of this discussion?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I jljones doesn't want anyone to game the system, and frankly I'd not have any practical issues on carrying a 8 shot revolver that I already own, but if we get there I'm carrying a rifle.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10970 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either my S&W 3" Model 65 or the blued Model 13 version.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky enough to already own mine. A mint 1973-produced S&W Model 10-5 .38 with 2-inch barrel and K-frame.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd probably go back to carrying my Ruger LCR in .38, and save my S&W 586 for special occasions.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 586 in a high ride. Big gun but I have worn it concelled. Never" jams" Old school goodness.

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nunchucks. Definitely nunchucks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
My 66-4 even though it's only a 2.5" and I guess i would buy some old pre-lock or current " pro" series Smiths. Rugers are great but pinch my finger badly. Never had but always wanted the midsize Colts and that kimber too....

Now IF this included AR pistols with no.financial comp, I would be really pissed.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Wiley Clapp GP 100, 3" .357

Alternately, my S&W 625
DSCN0669 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
N frame 3" round butt in .44 Magnum. Or even a snub.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, since I already have it, my choice is the ruger Bisley blackhawk .44 with 3.75” bbl.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post