SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
Mine will not be disappearing and I don’t play *what if* games.

Bet you're a real hit at parties...

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Bought a pinned and recessed 6 1/2" S&W 29-2 .44 magnum revolver Friday to go with my 4" S&W 29-2.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I could get by with a Detective Special loaded with 135 grain gold dots for concealed carry. A 7 shot 686 for a house gun would work.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I would boldly carry my 27-23 1/2 " barrel, and or my 19-3 2 1/2 " barrel.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Next time, if a thread doesn't interest you, don't click on it. Just roll on by to something else. There's no point in coming in and posting just to shit on someone else's thread topic.

(Though this thread may be useful as flypaper for trolls, like the "You will buy a Glock" thread...)

This ^^^. Just let people enjoy things.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Well, by that time, this would be available. So I will say....a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rather partial to a 2 inch S&W model 64-2 I picked up a few years ago, and there's a model 60 hiding in a sock drawer too.
If I can fudge a bit there's also a 4 inch Ruger GP100 in .357 that sees use in the colder months.
Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
S&W 610

Mine has been upgraded to also shoot 10mm Magnum
Cool

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

Bet you're a real hit at parties...

Ha! Maybe he's a "this is my safety" type. Smile

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Something K or L framed in 357.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I like a S & W "J" frame for city carry.
(only if all the semi-auto's have disappeared)
Out in the woods or at the cabin I prefer a bit more. I found this .357 Magnum Ruger Blackhawk in stainless with a 4.625" barrel used at my local fun store at a great price.

It wasn't perfect cosmetically, but appeared to have been used very little. Some 3M red scotchbrite fixed the corrosion spots.

It had some light pitting, perhaps from blood spatter or storage in a wet holster.

Then I located a used blued 9mm cylinder and had it fitted. Stainless cylinder is .38 Special/.357 Magnum, blued cylinder is 9mm.

IMG_20191221_173043454 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

After testing accuracy of the 9mm conversion cylinder, I located a used takeoff high polish stainless Birdshead grip frame with the factory Micarta grips and added that.

IMG_20200208_073251688 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20200208_073301424 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

It isn't a "pocket" gun, but it's handy and quite versatile. I have other Blackhawks & Super Blackhawks in 10mm and .44 Magnum but the custom 9mm/.38/.357 carries nicely in a Mernickle belt holster strongside and crossdraw.
The best thing is I just don't care if it gets scratched or dinged while doing firewood or tractor jobs.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1530 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
'dis one.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
3" Kimber K6S DASA. I don't have one yet, but it is on the list.

This is my answer too. A lot of the guns mentioned are much larger than a G19. If staying in the compact world, it's very very hard to beat this gun imo. Great sights, great trigger, 6 rounds, compact and handles .357 like a dream.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W M13 3”
Ruger SP101 .357 3” ( pair if possible)

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Home defense

Carry

Both are 9mm

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Like a few others in this thread, I'd go with .327 Federal Magnum, specifically my Ruger LCR.
It's in my pocket, right now. I can load it as mean or mild as I want it to be.
And if we're really going off the rails, I would compliment it with a nice Henry lever action, also in .327 Federal Magnum.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:

...yet here you are.

...and in lacs with magazine capacity restrictions, say 10 or 7 rounds, 8 or 6 rounds of .357 starts to make more sense.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I will go with the Ruger GP-100 Match Champion in 357. Will go perfectly with my 3" SP101 357.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Colt King Cobra (the New version). My preferred load is 125grain HP. As a back-up I have a Colt Cobra (1970 mfg) I carry with 158 grain HP.

Guess I am ready however I will really miss my 1911's. Wink

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?

Replace them? More like follow them to that better place, the Land o' Capacity. Wink

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post