SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Not to derail, but I'm getting a chuckle over the number of "it's already in my safe comments". I almost wonder how many of us started with revolvers and then went to SIGs? I know I did.

Went from Model 10 smith to Ruger including GP100. I tied that up one time shooting hot and fast and for whatever reason looked at a Sig a 226 that my dad had for awhile and never shot. From sig Back to Smith and CZs but love the P series sigs especially the 229

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If money was no object, I would choose a Ruger Security six 4" in 357mag. I regret selling the several I owned in the 80's. They have gotten expensive in recent years.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
My choice would be a S&W 629 .44 Magnum 6.5".

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
S&W Highway Patrolman

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwdex
posted Hide Post
My choice is the Colt Python .357 Magnum, 4", blued; just like the one I sold many years ago. That was a big mistake. :-( Bought it brand new when I was in the service for $ 130.00!!

Posts: 205 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'd be fine for a start, and then I'd go shopping. I have a 4" Model 19, a 4" GP 100, and a 4" 629, all of which I can carry in holsters that I own.

I'd be in the market for a Performance Center 627 2.6" barrel, and a 329 Night Guard with 2.5" barrel, with a Ruger LCR for pocket carry to round out the mix.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If relegated to a wheelgun I would choose my S & W M57 4" .41 magnum. It doesn't get any better. Second choice would be my 686 .357.

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
If money was no object, I would choose a Ruger Security six 4" in 357mag. I regret selling the several I owned in the 80's. They have gotten expensive in recent years.

This would be on my hip in a Don Hume with a Pachmayr grip and a few Bianchi Speed Strips.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I don’t know.

I passed on a pinned and recessed model 19 nickel snubby a year or so ago ‘cause it was awfully nice, a little expensive, and I couldn’t imagine carrying it. If semi’s went away, I’d probably start by kicking myself for not buying that.

As an emergency response I’d find a carry holster for either my “Apex’d” 4” model 28 or the Ruger Security Six snubby that Mrs. slosig inherited from her father.

The next investment would be training, probably a fair bit of it. I seem to be able to hit okay with either of those revolvers, but a fellow would have to have a sundial to time my reloads. Eek

My first thought as far as a new purchase would be an older S&W model 19 or 66, but there may be better choices. Another reason for more education...

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Nunchucks. Definitely nunchucks.

Hey...I can have a talented someone make a holster for a Shockwave, right? Certain nuthin' semi-auto 'bout that. Wink

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've got a 4 inch GP100 that I'd be perfectly comfortable carrying. I already do carry it occasionally. I've got one of the new 3 inch King Cobras that I like a lot more than I thought I would. It's a handy little gun. I just need to put a few more rounds through it before I fell confident in it.

I carried a J frame for years off duty. I wouldn't really want to be restricted to it as my ONLY pistol, but I've still got one in the safe for when I travel to restrictive places.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Ruger SP-101 in 327 fed.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are some great revolvers mentioned in this thread. My go to would be a S&W 627 with a Titanium cylinder and trigger job by Randy or Scott at Apex Tactical.

Wangle!! Holy crap, I haven’t heard from you in over 10 years, right?
Let me know how you’re doing—-my e-mail is in my profile.
Someday when there are bluebirds over the White Cliffs of Dover we’re going to take a road trip up north, and would love to see you.

Anyway, I was going to say a 627 PC with action by Randy Lee, since I love the one I have—everyone who shoots it is mightily impressed.

Posts: 18054 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
Well, the R8, of course.

Very interesting. I didn't know this was the reason behind the creation of the R8...

quote:
However, what led to the M&P R8’s introduction is an interesting tale of irony. A large metropolitan police department SWAT team came to Smith & Wesson with a common problem. Tactical teams regularly use ballistic shields or “bunkers.” It’s a difficult assignment because mobility and visibility are both limited. It’s also difficult because the shield operator’s choice of weapon is almost always the handgun for obvious reasons. As the team makes their approach and/or entry, the bunker schlepper must bring their pistol around the side and sight it through a small ballistic window. It’s awkward and very difficult to fire from that position. It’s even more awkward when a stoppage is caused by the slide striking the bunker or just because of the weakened, contorted grip that is necessary while using this equipment. Smith & Wesson was approached by a large metropolitan police department about the issue. They responded with the R8 as an age-old solution to a modern problem. This pistol is capable of optics, lights and/or lasers, but is less likely to experience the common “bunker jam.”

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Bring back the Night Guards!
Night Guard 386 and 315.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger GP100 357 3", & a S&W 357 but there are some many too choose from making a choice on Sunday morning is not possible now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine will not be disappearing and I don’t play *what if* games.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Next time, if a thread doesn't interest you, don't click on it. Just roll on by to something else. There's no point in coming in and posting just to shit on someone else's thread topic.

(Though this thread may be useful as flypaper for trolls, like the "You will buy a Glock" thread...)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post