SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow all semi-automatic pistols disappear from the face of the Earth. What’s your replacement? Login/Join 
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Four inch M-66 or maybe a 5" M-27/627.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Ruger SP101 in 327 Fedral Magnum. Don't need to buy it, it's in my safe.

Same and same.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism." - Sir William Osler
posted Hide Post
There are some great revolvers mentioned in this thread. My go to would be a S&W 627 with a Titanium cylinder and trigger job by Randy or Scott at Apex Tactical.

Posts: 305 | Location: OR | Registered: August 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Model 10 or 64 and an 870

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
My 3” s&w 65

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
The best revolver I own is a S&W PC 629 w/2.6 in barrel. It is a feisty thing for sure!

This is kinda fun...

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The easy answer is sitting in my safe: S&W PC Model 19

If I had to purchase something new: S&W PC 586 L-Comp.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I already have three Ruger GP100 revolvers.
“Standard” 4”
Match Champion 4”
Talo Edition 3” (7 shot cylinder)
And a Ruger SP101 for backup
Speed loaders and holsters for all.

Two marlin 1894 rifles in case I need some distance.

But actually, I like 12131’s answer the best. Big Grin

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCR in .327

I can practice with .32 ACP and .32 H&R and keep the good .327 for carry.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna go with either a:

PC 586_L comp

Or

PC 327

Or

PC 627

This thread needs even more pics! What’s your choice JJones?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W PC "F" Comp from the first 300 round batch.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
one of these. not quite G19 size or weight, but already have them.

I carry the 627PC with 180gr buffalo bore LFN-GC when I get worried about local black bears. Which is pretty much every time I walk the dogs...

My town in CT has hundreds of bear sightings each year. The worst they've done is scatter my garbage cans - twice in 20 years. I've scared them out of the yard by yelling at them, so more of a psychological threat than real. Then again, that is why we carry.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Even though I like all my current self loaders, I’m IldSchool and grew up with revolvers, so no problem here.
From current inventory I’d probably go with either the 2” M10, 2 1/2” M19, or the heavy barrel M10 4”.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Wiley Clapp GP 100, 3" .357

Alternately, my S&W 625
DSCN0669 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Love my 625-6 (.45 ACP/AR) Mountain Gun too! It's a great carry piece in an excellent caliber.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If all the semi autos disappeared I'd certainly have more room in my safe! I have a S&W 66 4 inch in there so it wouldn't be a crisis.
The first thing I'd want to fill in the space is a 3" Ruger SP101 in 327 Federal. That would be my EDC.
I like the Kimber K6S as well, I'd like the version with the concealed hammer for carry as well.
I'd also really like a no-dash S&W 696.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Ruger SP101 in 327 Fedral Magnum. Don't need to buy it, it's in my safe.

I like the way you think because I think the same way.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Smith and Wesson Model 58 in .41 Mag. It is slightly larger that the Glock Model 19 , but it would be my choice.
My log in name is m58 which stands for my Model 58 because I get this huge grin on my face every time I shoot it. Big Grin

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
S&W 610

I have a 610 and it aint "compact" by any stretch of the imagination. I already have a selection of possible alternates but my 2 1/2 inch S&W model 19-3 springs to mind immediately. Even have an IWB holster for it.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
one of these. not quite G19 size or weight, but already have them.

I carry the 627PC with 180gr buffalo bore LFN-GC when I get worried about local black bears. Which is pretty much every time I walk the dogs...

My town in CT has hundreds of bear sightings each year. The worst they've done is scatter my garbage cans - twice in 20 years. I've scared them out of the yard by yelling at them, so more of a psychological threat than real. Then again, that is why we carry.

Another buffalo bore fan. Yes their hard cast 180s. Needto dig out my notes but seem to remember using lil gun for them. WA state has black bears have seen maybe 1 in the wild. Love the 627 and 327.

I was in a small town in alaska at the dump once there were the big brown bears. I had a sig P220 in 45 on my hip we were staying pretty far away a woman with two kids was trying to get closer to the bears. I said was not a good idea, she said well you have a gun. I said wouldn’t shoot at them because of her being foolish and didn’t want to piss the bears off. I always had a 338 win mag for berry picking in bear country amongst the big boys but never ever had to use it. Did see bear scat with bells in it that smelled of pepper spray though. Then there is the old joke about taking the sights off a 44mag so that when the vastly irritated bear jams it up your ass won’t hurt you as much

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to derail, but I'm getting a chuckle over the number of "it's already in my safe comments". I almost wonder how many of us started with revolvers and then went to SIGs? I know I did.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post