SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who regularly CCW's CZ TDA pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who regularly CCW's CZ TDA pistols Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I was just checking, who carries a CZ traditional double action (TDA) pistol CCW as part of their normal carry rotation.

I always considered them too big/heavy but then saw that on MAC Tim carries one regularly (P-01).

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I formerly owned a PCR and currently have a P-01 and a P-07. These are aluminum- and polymer-framed (respectively) compacts and are a snap to carry. An all-steel one might wear on you a little at the end of the day.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad carries a po-1 omega. It’s roughly g19 sized and a little heavy compared to some polymer guns but it’s not bad.
Honestly it doesn’t do much for me but I’m more of an hk/sig fan. What I don’t like is that the finish sucks, the frame is kind of soft, the holes for the grip screws strip out very easy.
But it is a pleasant pistol to shoot. If you want a metal da/sa gun it’s not a bad way to go

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often carry a cz75b compact version. Mine are compact custom l models.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or a PCR

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bought a RAMI for CC. Thing is a POS. As soon as CZ can get it working right, I'm selling it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sometimes carry the PCR and I just love it! If I ever find a decent shoulder holster, I would carry it all the time.
And I agree with Skind2881, the RAMI is a PoS. I had one and dumped it quick......

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’m wearing my CZ-75B Omega Convertible as I write this. I’ve been carrying it concealed for a few months. I use Bigfoot belts, the double thickness ones, which are ridiculously stout. I’m carrying it in a Galco Combat Master which keeps it very close to body. On the off side I’m carrying two 19 round Mec-Gar mags in a Galco double pouch. It makes a nice balance. It’s both comforting and comfortable. Wink

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a P01 in an IWB with no issues. It's been my favorite for a couple years now. I also have a P07 I may try carrying once I get some good night sights on it. I have an 85 and a couple 75's that would work as well but prefer the slightly smaller guns to them.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
Cajunized PCR in a Clinger V3.
Love it. It's my go to winter carry.

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Bought a RAMI for CC. Thing is a POS. As soon as CZ can get it working right, I'm selling it.

What's the issue? Only issue I've every really heard with metal CZs is they don't cycle cheap ammo but that's it.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

What's the issue? Only issue I've every really heard with metal CZs is they don't cycle cheap ammo but that's it.

Won't go fully into battery. First trip to CZ the polished feed ramp and something else, came back same issue, just now it's once every 2-3 mags instead of every one or two. It's with them now for the second go around.

Once they get it right, I'm selling it. Too fat to carry, too small yet too big both at the same time. My 225A-1 fills the same roll, but way better. I will say this, when it goes bang, it's extremely accurate and it's a beautiful gun.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I CC a P07 that's been worked over by both Cajun Gun Works and Boresight Solutions. I like being able to put my thumb on the hammer while re-holstering to make sure nothing's moving the trigger.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I carry my P01 some times. It's just a bit smaller in every dimension than my P228. Very similar to a P2000.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry full size CZ 75 regularly for ccw/and work on occasion.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-07.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Matte stainless CZ 75B with VZ non palm swell G10 grips. Big Grin

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Bump as I’m now looking at a very size to compliment the Shadow 2 and TSO I have.

Really torn between the PCR with the alloy frame and the P07. I do like that the PCR uses standard cZ75 pattern mags.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a PCR and a P-01 in the winter. Great pistols in every respect. I would say the weak point if there is one is the factory sights but there are plenty of factory might sight and after market options.
I was sorry to hear of the one poster who had a bum experience with the Rami. I owned 2 decock versions in 9mm and had thousand + rounds thru them with zero issues. Very accurate , and flawlessly reliable but the PCR and P-01 for my hand better

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
As an update to my reply earlier on this thread, I recently picked up a P-01 Omega. It shoots very well, although the trigger still needs to smooth out some. I received the Clinger V3 Stingray IWB holster I ordered for it, but have not yet carried it, though I plan to. I still carry the CZ 75B Omega (OWB), but the alloy-framed P-01 will be a little easier sometimes.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post