SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking to get my HK P7 refinished. Maybe hard chrome?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to get my HK P7 refinished. Maybe hard chrome? Login/Join 
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post

Not a good picture but I believe there are a few pics on our site ccrrefinishing.com

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd go with Robar. Either hard chrome or Np3.

Posts: 756 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCR did my P7M8 slide and I'm very pleased with it.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Send it to CCR and you will not regret it.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:

Not a good picture but I believe there are a few pics on our site ccrrefinishing.com

I could not find any pictures of P7's on your site.

What is the recommended way to finish a P7? and the cost to do it with two mags?

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I purchased a NIB 226 that had been refinished by CCR years ago. I carried the thing for hundreds of sweaty Florida days in (gasp) hard kydex before anything started to rub off on the high spots. I have rusted through the factory finishes on numerous other guns in literally single digit DAYS of carry.

http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/pricing.html

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
I found a video of one. I would like to finish mine like this. Would this be called "Matte" finish on entire gun? How would this be described? I'm not sure what to ask for, but this is what I want mine to look like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: terma-nator,

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:

Why is the cartridge loaded backward in the magazine?

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
HK joke from way back

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
Many years ago HK had a company take pics for their shot show catalog. Turns out the people who did the photo shoot had no prior experience with handguns and loaded the magazines backwards. It was missed all the way till the show. Maybe a hundred or so were picked up before someone noticed and pulled the catalog.

Since it has been somewhat of a inside joke when people post pics of their pistols.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless

^^^^^What they said. I was feeling a bit goofy when I took that. I actually snapped the photo normally then reversed the top round on a whim.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious when your next refinishingsale is going to take place. Need to refinish a Sig 220ST

Posts: 25 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soon I will keep you posted

423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Labor Day is just around the corner. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my P7M8 refinished by Robar in their NP3 coating. It is like nothing else I have ever seen. A matt finish that is super slick, clean with a simple wipe off and doesnt wear off.

I want to send off a lever action rifle to have them coat that as well.

Sig, Colt M-16/M-4/1911 and Glock Armorer.
I love my P229, but if I had to go to a war, I would take my Glock...

Posts: 575 | Location: LI, NY | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:

1) LOVE the look of the two tone. What finish did you use for the slide?

2) Love the nod to the H&K preferred and approved bullet orientation in the mag!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
I had my M8 police trade in with plum slide and mill mark (the original German police or military crest was milled away) refinished by Fords in hard chrome 10 or 12 years ago. They did the refinish, installed supplied night sighs, removed the mill mark and re-engraved the original data on the slide. The finish is just as beautiful now and when I received it back from fords a decade or more ago.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
terma-nator
May I asked why hard Chrome? Other plating such as our CPII (Nickel Boron Nitride and Robars NP3(Nickel Teflon) offer better lubrication

I was thinking it over. But since you are running a special, you pushed me over the fence.
I would just like to confirm what to ask for when sending in my P7. I would like it to look like this video.
It appears to be matte completely.

Would your CPII look like this?

Dave

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:

I believe it was the 2004 HK catalog that had a P2000 on the cover. An extra magazine was laying beside the gun in the photoshoot. The extra magazine had the top round installed backwards. No one at HK apparently proofed the picture before it went out. Many long time HK fans have since paid homage to this by photoshoots that show an extra magazine, with the top round backwards for HK products.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post